• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ACA Mini "Almost Clone" Board

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Do you suggest 35v or 25v it's fine for the capacitors?

Nelson Pass provided a Parts List when he released the DIY ACA Mini design in his original Forum thread. (The Group Buy discussed in this thread uses a PCB which is "almost a clone" of Nelson's -- same circuit schematic, same parts list, slightly different layout {electrolytics rotated 45 degrees etc}. That's why Almost Clone appears in the title of this thread).

I suggest you use electrolytic capacitors rated for the same voltage that Nelson specified, or higher voltage if you prefer. Whatever's on the shelf and within your budget.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I found myself perusing the two Group Buys this morning...what a fun experience for me (and family), and only moderately stressful.

After 2 yeas I would like to add that you guys did gift @Nelson Pass a nice bottle of wine...here's what I know about it:

It was suggested to me by a consultant at Wine.com (highly recommended)
It wasn't "Ripple"
He liked it!

Thanks again for a great Group Buy experience!

Sorry @Mark Johnson , you got stiffed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users