Ace_3000....pictures of Projector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Neigh, my neighbours suc, mind you they put up with my power tool noise and stereo lol.

I should be able to borrow one from somewhere, ill finnish the proto off first so i can atleast align every thing up and not have so manny light leaks. I started on the newly designed light unit the other day, time though just as of late is a luxury.

The new light unit is quite unique, you just lift it out to change a bulb and slide it back in. Its perfectly aligned everytime via the shape of the light unit and slots, over that goes a panel thats held in by a couple of screws. I havnt built all of this yet, but its all on a plan raring to go..................it took abit of thought.

As soon as i finnish the new light unit ill take a couple of pics, (same as the old just a diff shape).

Trev:)

Hey Ace..

I have just finished reading all the posts, which I might say took me awhile... Your projector looked fantastic and I was super keen to hear how it turned out... But nothing. Like reading an awesome book to find the last page missing.

I'm not sure if I missed something causes my eyes were going crossed?

But how has your kit turned out?

It looked as if it was going to be something very cool indeed.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Re: update

EternaLightWith said:
Ace, How's the proto coming?

Eternalightwith

Speak of the devil, i only turned it on last night in months to get the last size in the optical engine lol. Nothing has been going on for a few months as ive been doing other things, and time these days has been a luxury so............ im also working with DLP.

Im working on it again............

Ah megaman your obviously new :p Ace has was planted amongst us "humans" to show us how to build DIY projectors! LoL The guy has spent a small fortune on perfecting a choice of optics and designs that we all "freely" copy, damn Trev should put a little of that money aside and purchase a digital camera that can take a pic of these results you so often tell us you have achieved, hell man things are so "cheap" in Spain apparently... and no im not going to buy you a camera so you can take a pic of your results :p Just bring ya PJ to my place when ya back in WA...fridge has burbon and pies in the freeza :p thepensioner@hotmail.com abuse you soon...i hope ::wink::

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Where do you get the parts for that, and how much are they?

Heya buddy, on ebay. For about $100 - $350 your can buy a whole dlp projector with decent specs, all you have to do then is just trip the light system (can help you there, ive sorted that out including the hardest resisance method), and retrofit it out with a cdm-t in an ellipsidal reflector, the brightness will be brighter then the original bulb.

The X-1 is a projector thats easily retrofitted, some models will have to be rebuilt. But they are very easy to modd, you have all the right optics that you need, you dont loose colour over time like lcds, they are easy to cool and can take far more heat, the brightness is way way higher then lcd, the clarity is exceptional and have a way higher contrast. They are also far more reliable.............

With a 150w cdm-t in an ellipsidal reflector, i doubt you will have any projector (nothing too old) that will project under 1k lumens.

Heya buddy, on ebay. For about $100 - $350 your can buy a whole dlp projector with decent specs, all you have to do then is just trip the light system (can help you there, ive sorted that out including the hardest resisance method), and retrofit it out with a cdm-t in an ellipsidal reflector, the brightness will be brighter then the original bulb.
The X-1 is a projector thats easily retrofitted, some models will have to be rebuilt. But they are very easy to modd, you have all the right optics that you need, you dont loose colour over time like lcds, they are easy to cool and can take far more heat, the brightness is way way higher then lcd, the clarity is exceptional and have a way higher contrast. They are also far more reliable.............

It´s quite fun you have change your mind regarding retrofitting a dlp-projector with a 150w cdm-t lamp. One year ago when we spoke about this, you had an other opinion of this....It can´t be done.....the 150w cdm-t lamp is too weak compared with the UHP-lamp.....and so on. What have made you change your mind now ?

One thing I can say is that the cdm-t lamp has wrong colortemp only 4200K, you need a lamp with 6500K like the orginal lamp gives, otherwise the colors will be wrong in many way.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25918&highlight=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.