Ace_3000....pictures of Projector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
When are you going to be able to show us some results, im very interested in seeing what abilities this thing has seeing as how it's so small!

ill be showing some results when i have some of my own lol im doing the modds to the controller card now and will have it done tonight, there will be resalts as soon as i get my frensel this week and when ive finnished the light engine, the capibilities of this projector will be the same of a pro one, but bear in mind a slightly lower contrast and resolution, all will be controlled via the remote eliminating any switch or button.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
well ive only done a preliminary test without the right frensel so i cant say weather it would be the same brightness not only that i dont know the screen size of his pic but the clarity is the same, dont forget u will see screen door, u cant compare a picture of a projected image to a real life veiwing and in hoondogs u cant see the screen door as its in a picture, the colouring and contrast is the same and the brightness but as i said that all depends on what size image u project, a 60inch image is too small for a wide screen to me but at 60inches diagonal its very bright in the test although i had mine running at 150inches in the test, at 150inches u start to see the brightness getting abit dim in some scenes and dont forget i tested mine on a crapy composite video source that isnt very bright, so realy i dont have any acurate tests as of such, i will have soon as i finnish the light engine and get my frensel, i notice a few of u guys in here are getting restless for results lol, ive just spent 6hrs modding my controller and one wrong move the show is over, $300 down the drain, this projector is scratch built and is going to be of high quality, making anything from scratch especially a projector takes alot of time and engineering if u want the end result, i could have built this thing in a week but then it would be probally be in a cardbourd box with wires all over the place and being a fire hazard, unfortunaly in the not so far past ive been running low on time, im actually about 6weeks behind schedule because i was waiting for my light to arive so in theory i should have had this projector finnished but in reality its a different story as time is so short when u have so manny other things going on at the same time, the predicted time to make this was 3weeks, its been 6, why cos i havnt had the time to do enough on it latley, now i have abit more time ill have it done sooner, as it is im still waiting on parts but ill put them in at a latter date when they arive, 1 of them is the special polish ive orderd for the plexi, another is the machined alloy feet and support poles, although its nothing realy that important its still a pain in the *** as i have to calculate where this is going to go and drill holes prior before i even get them hoping they will fit into place as planed, this is a big project and has been in the planning stage for about 6months with manny changes and new ideas, even with me building it now im still making changes and also nutting out the next model wich will come out next year, not only that ill be doing a modd on some speakers that will totally be made out of plexi and making a few other modds to things in plexi as well, most of the gear ill have for sale in kit form, plans or a completed item, this will all be early next year as i have the projector to finnish first, ill have 2 models of projector maybe 3, ill be doing custom plexi amp case, speaker cases, sub boxes u name it, it will all be out of plexi lol.

Trev

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
az

Do you have a diagram of the controller card mods and is there any place that sells those kind of ballast and bulbs and one more thing what is the stripped lcd encased in

nope no diagram yet they will be in the plans, i havnt even drawn one up for the mods ive done myself, although ive been fooling with this stuff long enough to not need one it is best to always have one wich ill draw up soon, to buy that bulb and ballast in the usa the best places to search for is stage lighting places i have posted the link in various threads for it a few times, the bulb in the usa is about $50 but u can get them for $35 it depends on how much u want to shop around but these bulbs are a common bulb and not too hard to find.

http://www.productionadvantageonline.com/lamps.htm#METAL HALIDE LAMPS

Trev

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
ok guys a small update for those who want results, i have bad news though, ok ive decided to give the projector another test run and to test out the light engine as is, but unfortunatley my camera wont pic up the image, ive got a benq DC1300 digi cam, those who own one may have the same trouble, this cam is that dark i cant take a pic with a 100w light on in the room i have to always use the flash even with a 60w light bulb over somthing realy close for a close up image its realy dark and seams to be getting worse (hence why my pics are so crap) so i dont have any pics, but the image is bright at 140inches and fully watchable, (about 800lm) what ill do is install my web cam and try to get u guys some kind of a shot, ive also finnished the ballast box and tested it for heat disipation and to see how hot it actually gets, it just gets warm to the touch and works as exspected so i wont have a problem with heat over the plexi, not much more has gone on other then that but ill be de soldering the input pluggs on the controller card very soon and making the new side panel ready to be mounted, also this week ill have my new frensels, they will be much brighter then the one i have and ill be making the psu power box unit for the psu's and ingnigtor unit, other then that there isnt much left to do, ive done also 70% of the wiring harneses, all of the modds on the controller card works perfect, ive actually taken the front pcb right off of the controller as i dont need it now and because it was a pain in the *** lol, anyway besure to keep tuning in for updates.

Trev

question

First i just want to say what an awsome job and incrediable workmanship man! You know your stuff. I would like to ask if you wouldnt mind if i did a modified version of your pj (i dont want to seem like im stealing your design), but i would be doing stuff like adding an HQI 250watt MH bulb and one of the reflector and condencer setups from diypro, and doing a dual fresnel. I really like your design, Except i was thinking about squared off smoked plexi. Just wanted to ask. Keep up the amazing work!

"Adventure, HEH! Excitment, HEH! A Jedi craves not these things!" Master Yoda

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
heya x, now i like this, getting asked and stead of people stealing things, i like honest people and sure u can make somthing similar, i had the smoked plexi in mind my self actually maybe ill have to ask u next time! lol and thanks for the nice coments, much apreciated.

Merry Christmas!!
Trev

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Az

heya az no probs on the posting, the more people ask the more they learn and as its in a forum all of us can read and learn too, well the plans are planed for january, ive just thought in a change in the design so it will make it abit cheaper for everyone and abit easier to build lol (but no delay on the plans) so thats why i havnt drawn anything up yet, thanks for the nice words bud i do apreciate all that say somthing nice about my projector and it gives me and others encouragement to move onto the next step, ill have more pictures up soon i hope, if this ******* cam wants to work lol.

Have a merry christmas
Trev

thanks

thanks ace, i just have a problem stealing a design from someone who has obviously spent alot of time and effort on. I might need to shoot you some emails with a few questions later, but right now im in the planing and purchasing stage and i think ill start my own thread as soon as i get my stuff up and going. Thanks again ace.

X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.