Burning Amp 2023!

They had nice tuneful bass (plucked jazz bass sounded like real stringed instrument!) and threw a spacious and convincing soundstage. I would have argued for a bit more HF energy, and Greg agreed that depending on the amp they might need a tad of adjusting, but with a plain-jane SS integrated amp he brought they performed very nicely. A speaker I would seriously consider if I had more money and space.
Thank you for the kind words @grovergardner! I am still tweaking the crossover a bit to get a bit more sparkle from them without giving up the smooth sound. Thanks to Scott for measuring them!

I just started a dedicated thread with details about my speakers: Natur Aura Purpleheart - 7-driver Open Baffle build (for BAF '23)

Everyone: I had such a great time at BAF and look forward to seeing many of you again next year. Such a blast! Thanks especially to the organizers and those who gave talks!

Reactions: 3 users
@gregulator

Thanks for sharing your writeup. Most impressive. It’s nice to see a build with some $$$ drivers thrown in! It’s hard to fill a large room with clean bass and you certainly fulfilled that requirement! I had never heard of EAD/Sweden as a driver company until your setup graced BAF.

Best,
Anand.

Reactions: 1 users
This was my first year attending Burning Amp and I had a wonderful time, felt welcomed, and heard some really impressive systems.

Thank you to all the organizers for the hard work that they put into this event & a big thanks also to the presenters (special shout out to Michael Rothacher's excellently prepared and thorough LTSpice presentation + workbook).

I will most certainly be returning again next year and look forward to seeing this group again.

P.S. I invited a friend to the build camp who has built several of his own speakers but never soldered a PCB or built an amplifier -- I think he's been converted from "speaker guy" to "speaker AND amplifier guy"

Reactions: 7 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I just went and bought a new Weller station.. and a couple of DMM.... ;-)

+2

Attachments

• fearless_amp_builder_logo.jpg
    fearless_amp_builder_logo.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: 4 users
This was my first ever Burning Amp Festival and it was such an amazing time. Full of great experiences, great people, and so much knowledge sharing! Thank you to everyone who participated and special thank you to everyone who made it happen. I took a lot of pictures with a fancy camera lens that tends to create "distortion" when open wide, so apologies if you're head looks out of proportion. I flew down from Seattle and just got back from the trip yesterday so I'm just now getting the pictures uploaded. All the pictures I took are available at this google drive link. Feel free to use them however you'd like. I took a lot of pics knowing of every 100 or so pics, just a couple will turn out.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y3YtVn_O1kqTlefo6vSFnz7cKbSF-tOg?usp=sharing

I have RAW files of all the pics, so if there's one you want the full file for to edit in Photoshop (or other free photo editing software) feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to send it over (+50MB/image).

Reactions: 9 users
Joined 2005
Paid Member
@gregulator

Thanks for sharing your writeup. Most impressive. It’s nice to see a build with some $$$ drivers thrown in! It’s hard to fill a large room with clean bass and you certainly fulfilled that requirement! I had never heard of EAD/Sweden as a driver company until your setup graced BAF.

Best,
Anand.
they made the jordan drivers for a while hence the familiar look.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
The talented builder also made these amps:

View attachment 1219358 View attachment 1219359

Was AdamThorne also the one who built these amps?

I believe the amps were at BAF last year and I meant to ask about the construction details for the power supply risers and shields. I'm curious if they were fabricated and painted / powder coated / anodized by a local Bay Area shop, or if they're entirely DIY.