Cannot direct message any member

Same issue. I'm not so new member :). I want to contact one of members using PP regarding his post from 2013. The only solution is to make reply to his post. But this post was published ten years ago. Also without PP cannot get updated info about some orders from members i did some time ago.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
As @PRR mentioned earlier, you are classed as a new member based on your post count and this is actually showing as your first ever post on the forum. Once you have made some quality posts the restriction is lifted.

Thanks for your understanding :)

I realize I'm late to this party, but I donated money to this site last year partly because PMs were attached as a benefit, one that I didn't realize had been removed until I went to use it today. I realize that a donation is a donation but I don't think it's right to accept money with the promise of benefits that are removed without notice.

I have the same problem I have a few Private messages from a few years ago. I don't see why a profile like mine that has not been abused and has under the old system been allowed to use the PM system is now blocked? I also am confused about what's considered new and when and how I'm cleared of this issue is there some guide on the forum about this?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
@rickcl is it just spatialking you cannot message or is it anybody?

Edit... spatialking has no 'conversation' option showing on his posts when viewed by a standard account. Maybe there is a XF default that does this when a member is not active for a while. Will have to ask.

I can see nothing amiss with settings for you or spatialking

Last edited: