Collab, DIY speaker making table saw, 3D printed parts

1715224373048.png

Continuing from yesterday. I realised that I can solve the rigid flat top dilemma and impending back fence and "work" clamping issues with just a pair of cheap clipboards. Note the type of clamp. I will use this to form the back fence. Officeworks have these for $5 and also some 30 and 40cm rulers around a dollar each

Used the machine with the cutting disc today to make some 500mm battens using fly screen alloy. Cuts just fine and the side of the disc cleaned up the burrs

I have some waterproof heavy-duty mounting tape for a tiny inflatable beach cat build for my daughter. I think I will use this to put everything together first and try it out

There has been a few mentions of some serious hardware in this thread, but my budget constraints of $200 for the mods remains. Around $20 for the current prototyping. That leaves me around $180 AUD in change for the alloy plates and 3D printing for the proper one if this works out. I do have most of the metal parts for the threaded rod hand dials in my workshop but won't fit them to the prototype for now