Fender Squier SP-10 amp question

With 10,000uF main filter caps, the hum will be all but non-existent.

I also did a test using an 8 ohm load a dual channel scope and an AF generator. There is phase shift starting about 1kHz and the output decreases some closer to 16kHz. There is phase shift about 100Hz and is more at 20Hz, but the output level is barely reduced.

I tried a dome tweeter with the amp playing some music from my phone. With a 4uF cap in series with the tweeter it sounds decent enough. I just need to make a .19mH inductor. The only part I dislike about making crossovers is measuring the inductor, unwinding a few turns rinse and repeat until the desired value is reached.

Here's where I mounted the tweeter.

11.png

The amp sounds ok with a full range signal and would definitely do in a pinch if I needed a full range amp for something.

However, the amp sounds real good playing music from 30Hz-5kHz with the signal coming from an xtal radio I made as a monitor for my part 15 AM transmitter. Voice sounds especially good.

Had thought of installing a better speaker, but the more I listen the more I realize the speaker is more than acceptable.