• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: EL34 Baby Huey Amp and PSU MK2 PCB

Hi. You're welcome, hope everything will run fine. Just started to assemble the PCB, a reminder: This AMP PCB version is called ''BOTTOM'', for a good reason, some parts, in particular the the tube sockets need to be mounted ON THE BACK of the pcb.

So once the amp pcb is assembled, the tubes are mounted on the bottom, and pointing toward the top of the amp, meaning that the PCB top is in fact pointing toward the bottom. The adjustment trimmers R5/R41/R42 are also accessible from the top, so mounted on the back of the pcb...

Other wise the tube will be assembled in reverse, and the amp won't work...Hope it is clearer...
SB

And one last reminder: THIS CIRCUIT IS OPERATING UNDER HIGH VOLTAGES! Take great care while testing, to process with caution. Also try to assemble the circuit in step, and double check after each step, for example, assemble first the power supply pcb, and test each sections one after the other, before connecting to the amp pcb, then assemble one amp, test it, etc...
SB

Assembled all the parts I have so far, and all the recommended parts form the BOM fit the pcb nicely. Will try to test the supply PCB this week...
SB

Attachments

• IMG_20210425_155130.jpg
    IMG_20210425_155130.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 261
Yes, they are 0.6W... Check the BOM, and take any MBB02 resistors part number, insert it into Mouser and check the specs, you'll see 0.6w...
If you prefer to use the 1W version, the PCB accept the larger size body as well...

Btw already had a few requests for some extra boards. If interested let me know, I'll probably order some pcb anyway within 1-2 months...
SB

Last edited:
Hi. Here the latest BOM. Found one incorrect part number for Amp R10, and changed a few parts numbers to replaced long back ordered parts.
Please use this BOM instead for your orders. Received all the parts to complete my PCB (except the transformers). I'll do checks using test power supplies. Stay tuned...

Thanks
SB

Attachments

• EL34 Baby Huey Amp_Parts List_small.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 177
Hi Mafalda, yes you did, you uust need to pay for shipping, see your private email.

As for 2mm PCB, I did some in the past, and problem with them is when you want to unsolder parts, and that happens! it makes unsoldering much more difficult. Often heating on one side, doesn't melt the solder on the other. Same thing with soldering...

It makes working with the board more difficult, and can cause some problems for some less experienced builders.

I made countless project with 1.6mm pcb without problem, and most of the pro used them as well.

Last question is also the price that is much more expensive if not using the standard 1.6mm, and its impact on the package weight and shipping costs. Now in these days after Covid, shipping costs are almost as high as the pcb costs themself, and then it would impact shipping cost back to you...

SB

PCB

"Hi Mafalda, yes you did, you uust need to pay for shipping, see your private email."

Alas, there is nothothing about that in my private email ! Could you please tell me how much I have to paye and I'll do that asap. Thanks a lot for your kind involvement.

Charles