Help to identify what these are as I have 4 separate speakers and there worth please

Joined 2024
What speaker are these and where can I find the serial number?

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 107
Joined 2009
They may well be monitors made by a 3rd party using Tannoy 15" DCs. Possibly late Lockwoods.

Tannoy-made monitors usually have the treble adjust panel on the front but the Lockwoods I've seen pictures of do not so that may be what they are.

Could be Lockwood Majors. Try contacting Lockwood directly as they may know more.

Lockwood Audio

Joined 2024
Ok thank you, My late Grandad has had for GOD knows how long but it’s been in the basement for over 10 years now and surprisingly they still work , don’t really have no use of it and was gonna throw them away but wanted to double check if there worth something atleast parts?

Joined 2009
The drivers are worth a fair bit on their own. I'd say a couple of grand or more per pair.

If they are indeed Lockwoods it could be more but if they are in neither Lockwood nor Tannoy cabs those would not add much to the value.
It is essential to keep the driver united with the crossovers though.

A picture of the front of te speakers may help.

Joined 2024
Ok where can I find the driver united and the crossover? Lol

And what’s the Te speaker sorry for the questions I have no clue what I’m going to look for but if u tell me I can find them and take a picture

Joined 2009
Te was me trying to type 'the'. :)

The crossovers will be inside the boxes connected to the driver and the adjustment pots. These crossovers contain at least one part called an autoformer which is difficult and expensive to replace if it were to go missing.

The picture I asked for is just simply the front of the speaker as Lockwoods have a quite specific look which makes it easier to confirm or dismiss.
The only thing I can say with a fair degree of certainty is that these are not in Tannoy cabs.

If you are selling them eventually I would sell them with the cabinets even if they are not Lockwoods simply because they at the very least protect the very valuable drivers.

PS: I googled Tannoy 3808 for sale and it seem a pair in Tannoy cabs sold for £4000 in Spain 6 years ago. Classic Tannoys increase in value if anything but you may have to be patient to extract maximum value. That said there didn't seem to be any for sale at the moment which bodes well for you.

Joined 2017
You have some speakers that "may" be worth good money.
First, and VERY IMPORTANT, do not do anything that might damage them, or more important the contents.
If you do not know what you are doing, move slowly!

Take the back off carefully and take pictures of the back of the actual speakers, showing any markings.
Please post them here for more information.

Joined 2009
WE know that they still work and that they contain K3808 drivers so there is probably little to be gained by opening them up especially when Deelartz is not 100% sure about what he is doing (no offence Deelartz).

Joined 2024

The crossovers will be inside the boxes connected to the driver and the adjustment pots. These crossovers contain at least one part called an autoformer which is difficult and expensive to replace if it were to go missing.

The picture I asked for is just simply the front of the speaker as Lockwoods have a quite specific look which makes it easier to confirm or dismiss.
The only thing I can say with a fair degree of certainty is that these are not in Tannoy cabs.

If you are selling them eventually I would sell them with the cabinets even if they are not Lockwoods simply because they at the very least protect the very valuable drivers.

PS: I googled Tannoy 3808 for sale and it seem a pair in Tannoy cabs sold for £4000 in Spain 6 years ago. Classic Tannoys increase in value if anything but you may have to be patient to extract maximum value. That said there didn't seem to be any for sale at the moment which bodes well for you.
Wow that’s crazy,

Funny thing is the reason I actually made these post is that my grandads neighbours son offered me £200 for each speaker and I agreed to it without doing any research about them. Now I’m sensing I may be ripping my self off. Considering he was more asking about the drivers etc

But lemmie go and take these pictures for u

Joined 2024
WE know that they still work and that they contain K3808 drivers so there is probably little to be gained by opening them up especially when Deelartz is not 100% sure about what he is doing (no offence Deelartz).
Hah no offence taken I was on YouTube looking how to “CAREFULLY “ open it up

Joined 2024
You have some speakers that "may" be worth good money.
First, and VERY IMPORTANT, do not do anything that might damage them, or more important the contents.
If you do not know what you are doing, move slowly!

Take the back off carefully and take pictures of the back of the actual speakers, showing any markings.
Please post them here for more information.
Funny thing is the reason I actually made these post is that my grandads neighbours son offered me £200 for each speaker and I agreed to it without doing any research about them. Now I’m sensing I may be ripping my self off. Considering he was more asking about the drivers etc

Or good he just want the drivers etc consider they may be worth way more that the offer he gave me

Joined 2024

Where can I find the circuit board