IMG_20240504_190925.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20240504_191043.jpg
    IMG_20240504_191043.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2021
Paid Member
@Protegimus ,I made it from scratch, so I'm pretty pleased with it.Power supply is OK, it's the caps that flounder. They are 35v,but I measured the voltages and they do lag behind a bit if you have it switched to the higher rail voltages, so I use either 50v or 63's and that seems to do the trick

@poundy I have been following your thread for a while, and I'm learning a great deal from it, thank you for sharing!
I have a 3020 that's been in the family since new, about 1982/3
I recently bought a 3020A for 300ZAR (±£13) no cover, no base and very dirty. I am in the process of getting it back to a working condition and upgrade, hence the interest in your post. At this point I am stuck, needing an RCA MJ2955
Anyway, do you want to share the list of caps that you replaced? Will really help me if I get this one sorted.

Regards,
John

Joined 2021
Paid Member
@inphase01 ,i did a full recap of the electrolitics, replacing some with film caps. I do have some original RCA(H) MJ's but it looks like you are a long way away.You realy need matching pairs. If when fitting these so you may be batter off changing all 4 and get matched sets. I always fit emitter resistors to the H's as well. What is the serial number of you amp?

@inphase01 ,i did a full recap of the electrolitics, replacing some with film caps. I do have some original RCA(H) MJ's but it looks like you are a long way away.You realy need matching pairs. If when fitting these so you may be batter off changing all 4 and get matched sets. I always fit emitter resistors to the H's as well. What is the serial number of you amp?
I am really keen to take the RCA's off you if you want to sell them. I have family in the UK and my brother-in-law will be visiting there next week for 3 weeks. Maybe we can make a plan? The serial No. is B3224084