NE5534A end of life announced

It appears that this is somehow related to the SFAB(Sherman TX) and DFAB(Dallas TX) facilities and TI has backed off on the EOL.

"Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is updating the status of select SFAB and DFAB devices
which were previously planned for end-of-life (EOL). To best support production needs for the
duration of customers’ existing project lifecycles, applicable devices will remain orderable, and
will no longer have a last-time buy date. You may continue to purchase these devices through
your usual ordering process. The original PDN number(s) and corresponding part number(s) are
listed starting on page 2 of this notice."

The NE5534ADR, NE5534AP, NE5534DR, NE5534P all seem to be safe for now but it isn't clear to me that any versions that I use were EOL.

I do use OPA1678 more often now and they are pretty impressive so far. I plan to roll them out in production product soon.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The economics of running a fab may have dictated the EOL. You can never know the detail, but they may have now decided to build ahead to buy time so they can transfer the process to another fab given the pushback they’ve had. You don want to run a fab at anything less than 90% loading 24/7 and a few big fabs is a better operating model than having smaller ones dotted around. It’s an extremely tough business.

Long live the NE5534!