Resolved - Implemented Option to change date format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Did the old software do that? I can't remember. Having it appear in whatever format your computer uses would be nice.
Nothing crazy about the US format, it based on the way we say the date. 12/24/1946 is December 24th, 1946. In French it is le Vingt-Quatre-Décembre, 1946 or 24/12/1946. Similar to "the twenty-fourth of December, 1946" or 24/12/1946..

But whatever you use, the forum should be able to display your preference.
EDIT: I don't see anything in the profile settings. Maybe its a global setting

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Please send a screenshot of where the date you're referring to is, as there are lots of dates and formats all over the place, which should all be appropriate for the use case.

In general, the plan is to use the international format YYYY-MM-DD where a local styled date isn't appropriate.

1640305067237.png

Please send a screenshot of where the date you're referring to is, as there are lots of dates and formats all over the place, which should all be appropriate for the use case.

In general, the plan is to use the international format YYYY-MM-DD where a local styled date isn't appropriate.
I was referring to ferret's comment about user's locale-specific date/time display, or as he said, "format used in the PC settings".

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
As an Australian stuck in between AU/GB/US/SAE/Metric worlds, the YYYY-MM-DD is the only format I've found to be immediately obvious as there is no possibility to confuse it with another format.

I did some digging and in XF the date format is defined by the language. It's possible we could have this selectable in the future. I'm going to flag this as a lower priority but put it on the roadmap. For now we'll stick with international, but adding MM-DD-YYYY and DD-MM-YYYY might not be that hard to arrange as a selectable option in your control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.