Sin Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Fred Dieckmann

Fred Dieckmann has been sinbinned for four weeks for using false personalities, against the rules of DIY Audio.

Pinkmouse

(edit)

Ok, I have some time to explain further.

Fred basically broke his promises, To Jason, to us Mods, and to you the Members.

When Fred was reinstated a couple of months ago, he promised to behave, and avoid using "sock puppets", i.e. false personalities. He broke this promise recently by posting under the names of SorniltheWhite and anna_grahm.

We spotted this virtually as soon as it happened, and thanks to those members who also spotted it and emailed us. We communicated with Fred, and he was not even slightly apologetic, but instead stated he wanted to be banned, as he was sick of the Forum, and he would never post again.

As we were still debating a fair system of punishments for breaking the forum rules, (which will be posted soon), we held off on the mattter of what to do with Fred until we were ready to post these. We hoped he would behave and we could set a punishment that would let him come back soon, but also see the rules of the Forum satisfied.

Fred then posted again, breaking his promise to us, and so left us with no option but to sinbin him.

I want Fred back, using his knowledge and experience for the benefit of the forum, but he has to learn to behave in public, and within the rules as set down by the site's owner Jason.

Until then...

Update
Fred's sentence has been increased by another month for Jailbreak

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
MrFeedback has been sinbinned for two days for posting copyright schematics on the forums. With the 5 days suspended sentence from his last infraction this means he will serve a sentence of 7 days.

As I was in part to blame for the posting, I sentence myself to the same two days in the sinbin.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
pinkmouse said:
MrFeedback has been sinbinned for two days for posting copyright schematics

I would like to add some comments to this one.

Normally posting copyrighted stuff would have the post removed and the poster a nice warning.

In this case thou, that did happen, but then the poster took the same picture and removed the copyright notice
Copyright 2001 R.G. Keen. All rights reserved. No permission for local copies or serving from sites other than http://www.geofex.com.
and reposted the schematic picture in direct & blatant contravention of the copyright.

The poster then got an OK from pinkmouse, saying that the circuit was common and nothing new -- on the face of it a reasonable arguement -- except that it is not the circuit that had the copyright but the picture.

dave

PS: The only currency we have on this forum is respect. That mefeedback would show so little respect for the explicit wishes of the original content creator (and in private emails express continued innocence) knocks my respect for him -- which despite his sometimes abrasive posts, has always been high -- down a notch. That pinkmouse, simply having had this pointed out to him, recognized the gravity, would give himself equal blame, and equal sentence, raises my respect for him.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Upon reflection, I have decided to release Mrfeedback from the sinbin. The responsibility for the post in question descended solely on me once I had approved it, much as in the way a manager must take responsibility for his workforce and their mistakes.

He is now released, and the time served will be knocked off his suspended sentence, i.e. it will be reduced to four days.

I will be taking over his time, and serving the full four days.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
SinBin nania, Fred Dieckmann, mrfeedback

nania, Fred Dieckmann 2 days cooling off period after a big food fight.

A lot of acrimony was spread. The mod on the scene was unable to turn it into something positive.

Fred Dieckmann for setting a boobytrap, mrfeedback for duplicating it, modifing it, and reposting it 1 day Sinbin. This was considered a joke by the perpetrators... to my mind it was a heinous practical joke whitch was disrepectful to the entire membership. (the booby trap purported to be something else, when clicked would put another member on your inactive list).

Fred's sentence to be served concurrently.

We have been trying to run things really loosely as far as moderation goes. This one got pretty nasty, and in hindsight we probably should have acted sooner. Our apologies to the community.

dave :captain:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
SinBin, MrFeedback, Steve Eddy

1 day each for getting into a long argument -- The kind of argument that goes -- Yes, the No it doesn't, Yes it does, No it doesn't, Yes it does, No, Yes, No, Yes .... with neither willing to let the other have the last word.

Some stuff was said that does not belong on the forum. So one day each for their bull-headedness. Since they have both brought themselves back into line, the sentence will be suspended. ie this is an official slap on the wrist.

In addition, for an unspecified time, both will have their posts moderated to avoid any future mud-slinging, and perhaps some thot before they go on-and-on-and-on...

Let this also be a head's up to all other members, if you find yourself in one of these kinds of arguments, just let it go... it only matters if YOU enjoy the music you play... your ears, your tunes.

dave :captain:

Status
Not open for further replies.