Sin Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
mrfeedback has been sinbinned for one week.

He posted an email containing abusive language from another member in contradiction of the rules of this forum. He has also been constantly causing ill feeling and spreading discord amongst the forum, even though warned about his behavior.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
After finding and moving a significant number more OT posts to Texas -- none were ever deleted -- i have increased Joel's time to 1 week. The forum is not a place to vent littering threads where people are trying to get honest help with detrius..

fdegrove & 316a were not innocent in these happenings, and this is an official reprimand.

316a voleenteered for a week SinBin... if he likes he can serve it voleentarily.

The posts in question can all be seen here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17088&pagenumber=3

Please keep further conversations in texas.

dave :captain:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Update

After receiving an email from Jocko, with an explanation of his reasons for posting the offending message, and some discussion amonsgt the Mods, I have reduced his sentence to 2 days.

But, as the fight was flaring up again, despite warnings to all concerned, I have also decided to give mikek and Rodd 2 days in the sinbin as a "Cooling Off" period. The original post in the offending thread will be merged with the Peace thread, and all other posts removed to Texas.

I hope this will be the end of the matter, as I have great respect for the knowledge and experience of all concerned.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
mikek

After a long period of discussion amongst the mods we have increased mikek's sentence in the sin bin to two weeks, with a further two weeks suspended.

This is because he sent several abusive emails to other members via the forum, a behaviour we will not tolerate.

The sentence will be dated from the first day of sinbin, so five days have been served so far, with nine to go. Time served has run concurrently with his two days cooling off period.

Depending on further thought and discussion, we reserve the right to put mikek under moderation when he is released.

Lars Clausen

One day SinBin for disregarding Forum Rule 5): Usage of multiple registrations for the same person and/or same internet access account is not permitted without prior approval of the site, and may result in a permanent ban of the individual and/or account holder.

Taking into account the circumstances (bashing from other members, suggesting using official business name as moniker for advertising purposes and possibility that user might have not been aware of breaking the rule) the sentence is suspended.

I'd like to remind all the bashers that they technically break the first rule of the forum, which may result in more posts in the Sin Bin thread.;)

Sin Bin -> tyler477

Hello,

User tyler477 sinbinned for 1 week. I was thinking only a couple days, but he's only got 14 posts... so I doubt he'll care much.

Thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=296577#post296577
(second post)

Reason:
Being extremely rude for absolutely no reason. He could have been much more helpfull.

EDIT
Just found more bad posts by this user. Extending sinbin to 2 weeks.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.