• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3255 Reference Design Class D Amp GB

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Name / Units / Country
—————————————
Plott / 1 amp / Austria / order placed
ugly woofer / 1 amp / order placed
yoaudio / 1 amp / order placed
rhing / 1 amp / USA / order placed
bkhatton / 1 amp / USA / order placed
turion64 / 1 amp / USA/ order placed

Etsy indicates 8 of 9 units taken but only 6 names here...

Joined 2019
Paid Member
No worries. Glad you are getting another one. It’s a great sounding amp and I still enjoy mine almost everyday.
I bought just the PCB last time X....hand soldering all those SMDs was way too tedious and I did something wrong somewhere so I opted for a fully functioning unit this time.

Any thoughts of mimicking the unique PFFB in the PA5's little black sealed module?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
There was a tear down on that module so the details of its construction are available if you look here:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...s-a-modification-worth-it.380233/post-7149020

1671479039525.png

gamerpaddy said:
“Lots of feedback and two gain stages in series (NE5532 and OPA1612A). Topping is using different parts from what the Ti document recommends.
instead of R_fb 33k, its using 9.9k (spread over 3x3.3k resistors) and R_fb_gnd is 750 ohms instead of 10k.”

The gain and feedback settings are a bit different but the topology is pretty much the same. You can try to copy those values if you wish but it was optimized for TPA3251.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Name / Units / Country
—————————————
ugly woofer / 1 amp / order placed
yoaudio / 1 amp / order placed
rhing / 1 amp / USA / order placed
bkhatton / 1 amp / USA / order placed
turion64 / 1 amp / USA/ order placed

Etsy indicates 8 of 9 units taken but only 6 names here...
Comparing above list with previous list:
Name / Units / Country
————————————————
turion64 / 1 amp / USA / order placed
Martial31 (Etsy) / 2 amps / USA
Vishal Devgon/India/ 1 stereo amp
Dr Rasta / 1 amp / USA
Saniasin/ 1 amp / ?
Bkhatton / 1 amp / USA / order placed
Rhing / 1 amp / USA / order placed
ugly woofer / 1amp / USA / order placed
yoaudio/ 1 amp / USA / order placed

We see that Vishal Devgon, Dr Rasta, Saniasin, and Martial31 have not placed their orders yet.

It is ready to run (use): provide PSU and connect audio in and speakers.

If you mean ready to use PSU and chassis and buffer included all assembled then may I suggest the commercial LSA Warp-1 amp. Uses the same core and has great reviews, for example, on line written reviews and video review.
Watching Thomas' review is so much fun. What an animated and gifted video reviewer.

If I perfect my hot air station skills, I might go for your TPA3255 board. This weekend I'm going to practice on the headphone protect board, then move on to the three Panel Mount BTSB boards I have. If they test fine (I have a Keysight scope with Bode Plot capability), perhaps the TPA3255 is in the future.

Best,
Anand.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Anand,
I have hand soldered two TPA3255 boards and would not want to do another one. But there is a certain soothing satisfaction to it like knitting or wood carving etc. a good manual solder paste dispenser can make things much easier than a plain hypo syringe.

This is a very good investment to prevent hand cramping and better solder application:
https://a.co/d/6Ep6N2R

Use these nozzles:
https://a.co/d/gEnKSCU

Reactions: 1 user