Wanting to order very simple parts from JLCPCB, do I need Kicad for these?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Jan,

Everywhere I go, all I see is Americans! Although there are some politicians who warn about about other folks they call aliens, but I have yet to see a flying saucer!
I know! I've heard about those mythical 'Americans' but they're nowhere to find here.
I have this sail boat I don't use, maybe I should send it Westward to see what's up there!
But of course thread lightly, such isolated communities are easily damaged!

Jan

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Jan and others

Interesting thread

Jan I am wondering about your requirements. What’s your highest voltage of concern, AC or DC? Might be good to start a new thread, as it could get involved.
FR4 is I believe a flammability rating, nothing to do with dielectric break down. I would think creepage distance is a concern, so is leakage across the surface, so solder mask is of concern. A lot of times to meet creepage targets one cuts slots in the pcb material and voids areas of solder mask.
You could look up dielectric breakdown of various pcb substrate materials available at a pcb shop or even ask a shop for advise. Other pcb properties such a Tg, dielectric constants are probably not related to dielectric breakdown. I have some reading, investigation of some manuals(IPC and fab shop) to look at before I can offer anymore advise.
Rick

Last edited: