What was the FIRST album you listened to?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Chicago was my first adult concert

Kenny Rogers & the First Edition, with 49th Parallel as back-up band. They local band was better (concert at the Jubilee Auditoruim in Calgary. fantastic venue). Note that Procol Harem Live with the Edmonton Symphony was in the nearly identiacal one in Edmonton. For some stupid reason i decide dnot to go to that concert. I do have the Album.

dave

Disabled Account
Joined 2023
When I was a kid, I remember listening to music on the radio, but never really felt that was the music that really kicked in

One day, one guy handed one copy of:

Metallica - ride the lightning
Kreator - terrible certainty

Don't really remember wich one I really listened to first, but I sure know what was like listening to Kreator the first time... In that time, I listened to the tape till it shred into pieces

First album I listened to?...with handling the tonearm...that 1970 Paul McCartney first solo. Watching that green apple going round & around...That one track, "Baby I'm amazed" is forever ingrained in my memory, watching the thing going around seemingly in time with beat of the song, precious. The vinyl was my older sisters, she proceeded me a little in stereo gear acquisition, she wasn't that serious though...Terry, she's gone now, a few months ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: 1 user
First album which I consciously remember as an album rather that some music that played somewhere was the Stones 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out' roughly when it came out.
First album I bought was The Clash 'Sandinista' which I bought also when it came out and about 6 weeks before I actually bought a turntable.

Reactions: 1 users
Paranoid by black Sabbath with my dad. The album that got me into audio was dark side by pink floyd, and a couple years later apostrophe by Frank Zappa took hold of my whole world at around 13 years old, and turned my hobby of music listening into something of a religion. 21 years old now, and my tastes now definitely still reflect those early experiences, although with definite deviations here and there

Reactions: 1 user