What's going on with LM3886 availability?

The short answer is 'no'. I'm not sure what you mean by "pointing the other way". Do you mean every other pin offset to the 'rear' rather than to the 'front'? If so I've never seen that and it isn't in any datasheet I've had going back many years. The datasheet and TI.com will give you info on every option.

Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I think he means the one intended for horizontal mounting rather than vertical.

I do recall something like that, but it could have been one of the other LM38xx ICs or maybe the LM4780. I also seem to recall a pair of pliers intended for bending the pins. I could be hallucinating. Either way, I haven't seen those for years.

Tom

Hi. Do anyone know where to find the LM3886 in stock? I live in Sweden and everywhere i look it is out of stock. There is a few on ebay and aliexpress but i fear that they will not be original and of lesser quality. I am in need of at least 2 but preferably 4.
Regards.

Try crating an account at TI, they show up off and on in small quantities at their on line selling site.
They seem to show up as available only to European and North American account holders...which is the reason I told you to try.
You cannot set up notifications, just keep an eye out for that, checking up regularly.

Some member may have extra, that is possible.

Unless needed for repair, simply opt for a similar substitute circuit, transistor / chip amp / Class D as per your choice.
Less mental stress.

How much power do you need?
Class AB or D?
Stereo, or others like 2.1 / 4.1 / 5.1 / 7.1...the ready to connect populated boards are quite cheap here, you can get bare PCB as well.
Power supply, SMPS or linear?
What do you want to use an existing supply, or new?

Just browse this site after making that decision, tiny PAM series Class D to large transistor projects are described in detail, along with whatever issues cropped up.

For a small to medium room, the LM1875 is quite enough, two units in the same housing for stereo.
Speakers, you need good units, and their power handling capacity will also bear on your choice of amp.
I tend to use speakers with a higher capacity than my amps, less chance of clipping and other damage.

Yeah, i have a account on TI but its out of stock there too but i do a check every few days.
Its not for repair but i wanted to make my first Chipamp.
Are there any recommendation on similar circuits that perform similar ti LM3886 if they are impossible to get?
For the price of a pair LMs $12 you can get from Ali TDA7498e complete amplifier for 2x65W 8ohm near double 4 ohm. Convert it into ABD mod, you get by far superior amplifier.
See https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/convert-your-class-d-into-abd-modulation.396664/

Joined 2015
Paid Member

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
They will not have anything to notify if there is no stock.
And that is about 25 orders worth, would have sold out in minutes.

It is like chasing a chimera, and it was leaded, so possibly old stock.

Somebody posted here, saying RS in UK has them listed as out of production.
Given that this is an old thread, and chip shortages are easing, decide whether you want to wait around, or use another device set.