100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks for pointing that out Jay - it looks similar indeed with Borys using an extra 4 actives to get the CCS for each rail and he has a MOSFET for the temperature compensator. I was frankly surprised at how well this thing models with a basic resistor for a current source. I guess I could get fancy and maybe try the 2SK170 CCS pointed out in the new Jason K CCS thread. Those have measured noise in the the 10E-22 amps^2/sqrt(Hz) current noise for a 100uA CCS current.

562144d1469687280-constant-current-source-ccs-audio-applications-ccs.gif

562145d1469687280-constant-current-source-ccs-audio-applications-ccs2.gif

Although 1st cut would be to just build the very easy to make 7 active parts version. So simple, point-to-point could probably work well.

This should probably be in the VSSA thread. It is not Apex. Or, like you said, a thread of its own.

@Still4given: you are right - I will move this out to another thread.

I tried 220R (the usual and customary value here) and it rings like crazy...

C grade then if you have it - my model was for B grade and seems ok.

IRFP has big capacitance, that is why the driver needs low impedance, to drive proplerly.

Nice design, but BC is oldfashion there are better ones less noice all I think in this kind of amp it is not a issieu. My circlotron do have bigger distortion figures but go as high as yours in frequenty, I limit that to 100 Khz on input.

regards

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
i ask you;)
you say me which one is best amp in APEX design ?

Personally, my favorite is the FH9HV. I have not made the FH11/12 but it would sound similar and have more dynamic reserve. They have a very good musical quality that derives from the FX8's front end topology and use of VAS to drive the output MOSFETs directly. Very natural, clear and excellent bass authority. More so than the lateral FET FX8.

Personally, my favorite is the FH9HV. I have not made the FH11/12 but it would sound similar and have more dynamic reserve. They have a very good musical quality that derives from the FX8's front end topology and use of VAS to drive the output MOSFETs directly. Very natural, clear and excellent bass authority. More so than the lateral FET FX8.
Post please,where we can find shematic and pcb,this is a long thread