A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

Thanks for both of you!
Yesterday the second DDDAC modul arrived so I built it right after that.
Wow, it sounds amazing compared to the single board (it was already decent though). The bass is more robust, precise, tight and not too boomy. (my room acoustic is the main reason for the boomy bass, but because it is tighter now, it helps a lot).
I listened the "Hans Zimmer: Angels & Demons - 160 BPM" track. This song defeats weaker DAC easily when a lot of instruments play at once. DDDAC eats this kind of music for dinner :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I listened voices too, and I agree, those are nice and airy, but for me the bass improvement is huge and more obvious :)
I hope I can get 2 more decks of the current DDDAC version but this project already made my wallet empty, and the "Last time group buy" in december is too early, so I am in a big trouble.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
If you are using 1 now why would you go up in value?
I am using output transformers but i like the Russian K75-10 capacitors in other areas . Before i bought them in several countries in Eastern Europe and i think you can still find them closer to your country.
When the new boards will be available i think there will be lots of people who will have some old boards for sale.
Greetings, eduard

Attachments

• 20231116_195731.jpg
    20231116_195731.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 63
Update December 1st: GOOD News! :cool:

We reached the minimum number for the last time buy!
Thank you for your enthusiasm!
Parts are also available, so, YES, the boards will go into production.
Remember, the last time buy will close December 10th.

See my blog with the reservation form if you also want to make sure you will have extra modules...

Link to Blog Post

Hello Doede

In your new upcoming MK3 version of DDDAC, you have used 4xPCM1794 on one board. If I may ask.
Will you be using the Tentlabs SR power supply for each PCM1794? Or will you use another SR power supply to power the PCM1794? Or one power supply for two PCM1794?
Sorry to be curious, but I can't wait to see how it will be on the new MK3 version.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
It will easier to stack a few because the current being drawn is reduced a lot. Probably i will stack 4 because that is the space i have available.
Knowing Doede it will be an improvement. Not releasing new boards every 3 months creates a lot of trust.
Greetings Eduard
P.s hoping i will still need my Sowter output transformers.

As written in the blog, one board is stereo equivalent of 2 decks. You can still stack 2 boards for double mono (L +R) equivalent to 4 deck.
anyone who want to go beyond that - feel free, there is “no limit” as every board will be totally independent. My realistic normal day to day use would be one or two boards

Sowter works still fine ! I used that my self for the prototype testing.

Doede,
Exciting news about the new boards.
I just wanted to ask if the new design will have clocks included on the board? I'm still running a single deck with my old rpi and Kali reclocker but the new 2 deck design would be an upgrade and also of course if it has a better clock solution that would also be an upgrade for me :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Probably not because there will be an updated power supply onboard. Things will be busy on that board and usually people want to start swapping clocks.
I think it will be typical Doede some clever improvements and build to be high in the charts without an update twice a year. He is not Apple marketeer so to say.
We will have to be patient but clocks or no clocks will be known by now.
Greetings Eduard

UPDATE December 11th, 2023

Dear DDDAC Fans,

As already communicated, we have reached the minimum number of subscriptions for the final production batch of the DDDAC1794 DAC boards for the ‘Last Buy’ promotion!
The Web shop is now open so you can place your order directly through the link below:

DDDAC 1794 Module - Audio Creative Shop (audio-creativeshop.nl)

Please remember, as this is a special produced batch:
1. Expected start of delivery is end of February / beginning March.
2. No returns possible

Hey DDDACkers. Hope you are all well. Please suggest some very good PSUs for the 12V portion of the DDDAC. The magic power supply that DD designed would be amazing I am sure but I am not able to spend that much moolah on a PSU at this stage. I would welcome suggestions not exceeding EUR350 at this stage.

Is there anyone willing to sell a pre-owned Magic PSU? If yes, pls DM me.