Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
There are no overhangs in that print, that's the whole point.

- BTW, I already have a bigger throat version printed - 1.4" for the Faital HF1440, which could be interesting (no supports! :) ).
Still need to draw and print a rotating mounting stand to have it complete (some supports may be needed in that one, I'm not decided yet).

Last edited:
You are the teacher =)...looks like over hangishness to me, but I'm probably missing something from a technical standpoint...also I would imagine the print orientation has to be considered but I thought that anything that wasn't a straight 90 degrees up was an "overhang" of some kind (in particular if theres nothing to be base, under it) and if the it became too dramatic supports would be needed. My opinion on your curves is that it was never dramatic enough to require supports. I'm likely missing something but I am a 3d print noob thus far.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
1.4" throat (a photo "just before" the two parts are joined together) -

Attachments

• swg36cut.PNG
    swg36cut.PNG
    114.1 KB · Views: 296
  • 07055202.jpg
    07055202.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
No, and actually I've found that a lesser rollback works better - even this is too much.
Something like this seems to be optimal - http://at-horns.eu/img/faital/HF1440-back-4.PNG

The above is just for the sake of straightforward print and reproducibility. It doesn't have to the best possible in this case, but it has to be the same each time without too much effort. It's also way too small to be really useful for anything else.

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That is a "finder scope telescope", used to search the sky for space objects - it must be parallel to the main telescope which it's attached to. This was just a random example of the idea (i.e. three or six bolts in a tube, basically). This could be used directly fo the purpose, I guess - Mount Stand Pointer Bracket Finderscope for Astronomical Telescope

Finally, an easy & convenient jig for testing drivers -

Attachments

• 07075243.jpg
    07075243.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 07075244.jpg
    07075244.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 07075246.jpg
    07075246.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 173