Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
...or simply to make one segment with a stand:

1690307459062.png
1690307566215.png

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm seriously considering sand printing of the hexagonal parts, individually, to be glued together additionally by some damping layer.

I believe they could print 12 pieces at once (if not more) without any trouble, to make pretty large horns without all the issues with large parts (mainly the risk of breaking during manipulation or transport). I would also make it a bit more robust (heavier) this time.
If possible print at least one spare piece, and then try to break it using a force. I do not believe it would be easy, but I might be wrong :)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well I did have a restriction! :) If I had not, it would be in the wall (which would probably be the best for the bass but not so for the horn).
- Seriously, I didn't think much about it - it will be used with several separate subs anyway. It's just a baffle that seemed about right... I don't consider it to be important in my case. It could have been smaller but I wanted a wide horn originally to maintain the radiation pattern as low in frequency as feasible.

Easy to print, not so easy to calculate... Had to switch to several iterative techniques, but it works nicely in the end.

View attachment 1183197 View attachment 1183200
Can you give a clue how you went about calculating this? I've seen the sketches in F360 but I can't think of an easy way of working out the transitions. I've rather fudged the issue in the past.