• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
A quick one Lester. Did my parcel have the correct address on it, or do I have the correct tracking number?

I appreciate parcels don't always come the most direct route but 'my' parcel appears to be in Norway at the moment and it has a Norwegian address as 'destination.

The tracking you gave me was

CX-SK17145

Thankyou!

Joined 2019
Paid Member
This guy sells Wima pps 1.5uf/63v https://www.ebay.com/sch/kip1607/m.html?item=113921311155&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
He is legit,
Curious if he is not a member of this forum.

Asuslover: I thank you for this. I’m always a bit leery of buying any components off of EBay even though the seller has an excellent rating. Looking at the data sheet posted with the item it clearly says the casing color is supposed to be red while the caps in the picture are black. I ordered the 1uF Kemet SMR caps from Digikey to try them first (only 5mm pin spacing which means I’ll still have to bend the pins to get them to fit the board’s holes).

Regards, Pete

I do understand your concern, these pps wima 1.5uf are not even on the datasheet, I believe they were part of a special order, it was discussed here:
Fake WIMA's?
But I'm 99.9% sure they are legit. I could spare a few if anyone in US would be interested.

Attachments

• IMG_4657.JPG
    IMG_4657.JPG
    532.4 KB · Views: 209
D

Deleted member 148505

Hi James,

Here's the link for tracking. DHL eCommerce Tracking

Also DHL eCommerce is only equivalent to postal service, normal shipping times is 2 weeks to 6 weeks after the data submitted status.

Here's the timeline of our shipping consolidator.

Parcel pickup (1 to 2 days) -> Parcel processing (2 to 8 days) -> DHL eCommerce (2 to 6 weeks)

Huge delay is from parcel processing from the local courier side, the item might stay for 10 days on their warehouse before they submit it to DHL eCommerce.

Regards,
Lester

Hi !
I m interrested in ordering this great TPA3255 implementation, but for a quad channel solution (powering LXmini). then it would be powered from a 2x24V PSU and each speaker would have a connection to the middle point. is it possible to tweak/mod the board for this (config of the tpa and aop middle point ?
if so, do we still need the signal cap before and after the aop ??
thank you!

D

Deleted member 148505

Hi !
I m interrested in ordering this great TPA3255 implementation, but for a quad channel solution (powering LXmini). then it would be powered from a 2x24V PSU and each speaker would have a connection to the middle point. is it possible to tweak/mod the board for this (config of the tpa and aop middle point ?
if so, do we still need the signal cap before and after the aop ??
thank you!

Hi for TICore260BTL, only 2 channels can be used for 1 board.

The speaker output connections are floating (BTL), you cannot tie the negative leads to a single ground.

You can use 2x24V DC PSU, if you can series them to get 48V DC.

Signal caps before and after the opamp cannot be removed. Also you cannot change the gain of the differential buffer since we are using single supply for the circuit (sloa058).

----------------------------------------
I will create an add-on module: preamp + buffer with low noise split supply (ETA 1 month).

Also In 2 weeks, my TPA3251 PFFB 36V module will be available.

Board: TICore260BTL
Output inductors: Codaca 17A (no label)
PVDD caps: 4x1200uF Lelon
Heatsink: Generic 30x30x100mm
Opamps: JRC4580D
Price 90USD (free postal shipping)

Regards,
Lester

D

Deleted member 148505

I tried comparing opamp + input caps.

Non-PFFB,
Pre-Opamp cap = Nichicon Muse UES BP 22uF
Pre-TPA3255 cap = Elna Silmic II 10uF
Opamp = JRC4580

- Surprisingly good sound, the sharp sound of JRC4580 is being tamed by the silmic II resulting to non-harsh treble and good thick mids. Bass is well defined.

---------------------------------------
PFFB
Opamp = JRC4580

- Same as before but with finer and less highs that accentuates the mids, so the resulting sound is slightly muffled, good for bright speakers.

non-PFFB, all nichicon muse 22uF + LME49860
- Realistic and open sounding
- Treble is like +3dB on the equalizer(added treble), less refined treble, mids are good.
- Good for videoke system or for instruments.

PFFB, all nichicon muse 22uF + LME49860
- This is the stock sound of JLE TICore260BTL
- Overall finer sounding compared with JRC4580, slightly busy sound on complex music.
- Treble is like +3dB on the equalizer(added treble), and the mids set to -3dB (reduced mids). Good for warm speakers.

PFFB
Pre-Opamp cap = Nichicon Muse UES BP
Pre-TPA3255 cap = Elna Silmic II
Opamp = LME49860
- Fine highs, slightly veiled sound, the treble is like -3dB on the equalizer, mids are creamy. Good for bright and nearfield listening speakers.

PFFB
Opamp = OPA1656
- Smooth and slightly veiled sound, the treble is like -3dB on the equalizer, handles complex sound really well (like fluid and dynamic). Less treble than LME49860.

PFFB, all nichicon muse BP 22uF
Opamp = OPA1656
- Metallic and aggressive.

Still waiting for the new caps, hopefully they will arrive before the holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice comparison Lester, thank you.

I will order the LME49860 and OPA1656 for testing, PFFB solder bridges are going to be replaced with 2mm removable jumpers for faster switching of soundstage "profiles", then will try to bypass Silmics/Muses with 1uF SMRs (capacitors combining), also output caps in LC filter can be changed for different Q to match speakers, and there are also 6 selectable options in my speakers' crossovers. In summary, there are so many combinations to try, that I see myself looking for the right sound for the whole next year :)

It's funny how I have always thought that the worst part about the SMPS, that needs shielding, is the SMPS itself, or at least its switching part. And now we are fiddling about how to protect the good SMPS from the bad AC :D

BTW, those "small but good input caps" are hard to find, I know... This is how it ended on my small TPA3116 amp :)

I tried comparing opamp + input caps.

Non-PFFB,
Opamp = JRC4580

- Surprisingly good sound, the sharp sound of JRC4580 is being tamed by the silmic II resulting to non-harsh treble and good thick mids. Bass is well defined.

PFFB
Opamp = JRC4580

- Same as before but with finer and less highs that accentuates the mids, so the resulting sound is slightly muffled, good for bright speakers.

non-PFFB, all nichicon muse 22uF + LME49860
- Realistic and open sounding
- Treble is like +3dB on the equalizer(added treble), less refined treble, mids are good.
- Good for videoke system or for instruments.

PFFB, all nichicon muse 22uF + LME49860
- This is the stock sound of JLE TICore260BTL
- Overall finer sounding compared with JRC4580, slightly busy sound on complex music.
- Treble is like +3dB on the equalizer(added treble), and the mids set to -3dB (reduced mids). Good for warm speakers.

PFFB
Pre-Opamp cap = Nichicon Muse UES BP
Pre-TPA3255 cap = Elna Silmic II
Opamp = LME49860
- Fine highs, slightly veiled sound, the treble is like -3dB on the equalizer, mids are creamy. Good for bright and nearfield listening speakers.

PFFB
Opamp = OPA1656
- Smooth and slightly veiled sound, the treble is like -3dB on the equalizer, handles complex sound really well (like fluid and dynamic). Less treble than LME49860.

PFFB, all nichicon muse BP 22uF
Opamp = OPA1656
- Metallic and aggressive.

Still waiting for the new caps, hopefully they will arrive before the holidays.

Nice work Lester !

Keep going like that ...

D

Deleted member 148505

Nice comparison Lester, thank you.

I will order the LME49860 and OPA1656 for testing, PFFB solder bridges are going to be replaced with 2mm removable jumpers for faster switching of soundstage "profiles", then will try to bypass Silmics/Muses with 1uF SMRs (capacitors combining), also output caps in LC filter can be changed for different Q to match speakers, and there are also 6 selectable options in my speakers' crossovers. In summary, there are so many combinations to try, that I see myself looking for the right sound for the whole next year :)

Yes I think if we parallel 1uF caps to Elna Silmic II, it will open up a bit while retaining the smooth sound.

Nice work Lester !

Keep going like that ...
Thanks Alex!

D

Deleted member 148505

Omg we have 65kHz switching SMPS? :eek: So, in the end, isn't it better to use 10uH? I see farnell has 103KL in stock. I know, it is less linear etc. But...

10uH + 1uF has 50kHz freq.
10uH + 1,5uF has 41kHz freq.

Both with usable Q.

Please use 10uH + 1uF. Using 6.8uH requires modifications on post filter feedback and zobel for stability. (or disable PFFB to use 6.8uH without parts modification)

For others: VER2923-103KL is already out of stock on Mouser. We can use AGP2923-103KL (automotive type) as an alternative, its mounting pins can be removed by using pliers.

We can also use 7G23A-100M which is very linear (although discontinued already). ICE Components 1D23A-100M is also compatible but there's no inductance vs current graph in their datasheet.

Regards,
Lester

BTW, please don't do that... can always just avoid using it if needed.

Ok not an issue, thanks.

JLesterP said:
Please use 10uH + 1uF.
Your advises and care are much appreciated Lester, thank you! Is 10uH + 1,22uF ok with my PFFB parts? 1,22uF gives me the best looking graphs and damping factor for my 4Ohm speakers. Changing zobel is not problem, if needed.

JLesterP said:
VER2923-103KL is already out of stock on Mouser.
Farnell/Newark has lots of them stocked.

JLesterP said:
Yes I think if we parallel 1uF caps to Elna Silmic II, it will open up a bit while retaining the smooth sound.
That is exactly what I was thinking about. The original idea comes from this longtime project Humble Homemade Hifi - Cap Test where it is stated somewhere, that the good ratio is 80-90% of main cap and 10-20% of better/altering cap. So if Silmic is too veiled and Muse too harsh, it will be interesting to taste the sound of the combination of (say) 10uF Silmic/Muse in parallel with 1uF Wima/Kemet/other foil cap under the PCB. Will try it after holidays.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    117.2 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.