Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

1719248264915.jpeg

It was this set up. I don't remember why I putted the black one.

Reactions: 1 user
I exchanged the PCM 1794 for an Ian Canada Ess MkII DAC plus IV passive transformers. quickly connected to hear if sound comes out.
the PurePi I has also been replaced by the PurePi II.
an isolator II and FifoMa 1.5 underneath.

Tomorrow I will connect everything better plus the right power supplies and transformers. happy with it for now.
1000018808.jpg
1000018809.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys.. just put together my UcPi, rpi5 and the audiophilediyer r2r nos hat dac.. using a jay's audio 5v 3 Amp linear power supply.. when I plugged in power to the UcPi the LEDs on the UcPi didn't light up.. the manual says on first charge it might take two hours.. is that actually right? Or should I start trying different power supplies and cables? I swapped to a known good usb-c cable, the one I use with my phone and the led didn't light up either so I went back to the other cable.. I'm leaving the UcPi power switch to off until the it fully charges and the LED comes on.. hopefully soon
ucpi rpi5 and audiophilediyer r2r 242 hat dac.jpg

r2r hat dac ucpi rpi5.jpg

thanks for the help, ghostship! Yes I had ian ship me the shorter standoffs with my order. I think I figured out the problem. The Jay's Audio linear power supply doesn't seem to work with either the rpi5 or the UcPi. Weird, because I swear it worked with the rpi4 and the audiophilediyer ad1865 hat dac.
I switched to my ipad charger and it worked. I also verified it works with my oneplus phone charger as a power source, too.

The rPi 4 draws about 275 mA on idle. The rPi 5 has a default 600 mA draw, and can automatically increase the current limit up to 1.6A to provide extra power for devices connected to the four USB ports when using the RPi5 27W power supply's Power Delivery (PD) feature that allows the RPi5 to communicate with it and select the most appropriate power profile.

Agree, everyone can do what they want And the RPI5 is very versatile. My response was on your earlier comment which sounded like a factual statement (“because”) and I just wanted to hold against that a little bit. But I think all is said. The RPI does not REQUIRE a 27 Watt supply. I run my RPI5 with a simple 5Watt LM317 supply. all music is on the Roon Server… the RPI is just streaming with Gentooplayer.

Yep, the Rpi5 requires a 27W power supply because it needs more current than the rpi4.

That wasn't "my" comment, that is the manufacturer's statements in their product manuals.

Anyone experiencing power-related problems with a RPi5 in a stack while powering it the same way they did with the RPi4, needs to consider the fact that the RPi5 requires more current than the previous versions, which is why it comes stock with a 27W power supply.

Reactions: 1 user
Power advice for OPA861 I/V #6B,
and
Dual Mono II DAC Hat ES9038Q2M #4B

If I will have
2) UcPure Quad enhanced #41M
and
2) LinearPi MkII/Pro Linear with UcConditioner #26C

Is it better to use
the 2) UcPure Quads on the OPA861
and
the LinearPi MkII/Pro Linear with UcConditioner #26C on the Dual Mono II DAC Hat ES9038Q2M #4B

or vice versa?

https://iancanada.ca/products/linearpi-mkii-ultra-low-noise-smt-linear-power-supply
https://iancanada.ca/products/ucconditionermkii-5v-or-3-3v?variant=48151024075052
https://iancanada.ca/products/ucpure-quad-ultra-low-esr-pure-ultracapacitor-power-supply
https://iancanada.ca/products/48b-p...apacitors-battery-holders-pre-installed-86-00

Attachments

• DAC Build, Power Supply block diagram screenshot-2024-06-28.png
    DAC Build, Power Supply block diagram screenshot-2024-06-28.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 31
I managed to power PurePi II with MacBook Pro charger with thunderbolt USB C cable. Phone USB C cable doesn't work.
I think it's the PD negotiation that was the issue. my linear supply is 3 amp at 5V so should be sufficient. my phone charger is working great, got all the leds lit up and ian's UcPi supercaps are working great. (y)

View attachment 1327690
are you able to connect any USB HDD to RPi 5 and use with this power source?