Audio Note Kaisei capacitors

Most of us feel as we do :cool:

Some corroboration here:

Leaving a component on continuously will NOT properly form the caps!!! They need to discharge and recharge over multiple cycles to do this. And it is not best to simply turn the component on and off in quick succession. The caps retain charge for several hours once the component is turned off and need to discharge that voltage over the same time frame, which is why cycling on-off, on a daily basis, with an overnight to discharge is by far the best way to form caps.

Do electrolytic caps need burn in? | Audiogon Discussion Forum

:D : oss 117 les poules - YouTube

Hello,
Just a mention for the Kaisei, I've used them in a couple of my SS Sansui amps now. I'd say they have a 3D like image, slightly tilted to the upper frequencies but not harsh. Mostly I use Silmic II and I find that these blend very well, better than Silmic + Nichicon FG and Muse.
I'm finding that one cap can make a nice change so I won't go heavy on locations.
BTW, first post!

Though I've not tried Kaisei, the cheaper way & very good sounding I may add is to use a small value Elna Cerafine cap & parallel it to the capacitor. Pls note it has to be the 50v version, the 25v version don't sound good. Many a times I've tested Silmic ll but in the end I just replace with KZ, not to my liking. KZ is very dynamic again 50v version but the highs sizzles so have to mix with something else to balance out the sound. Flame me if you want but the most special of the KZ range that I found is the 22 & 33uf 50v range especially the 22uf. This you have to try it out yourself to understand what I mean.

Cheers

Will try sometime Diyiggy for now Im lazy. Lol
Recalled tested FR once, only remembered it was fast sounding but didn't like rest of it.
Guess I need to re visit & test more. Speaking of which the Pan FC is a pretty balance sounding cap too but for my set up not to my liking cause it pushes the sound too forward.

I’ve been meaning to get some of the bipolar Kasei to try out. I wanted specifically to compare them with some Nichicon ES for a 470uf feedback cap.

The FC caps I have left over from some pre-assembled amp boards have come in handy with the TPA3116 boards, they really work well with those. Who would’ve figured?!!

The FR work well in digital circuits I’ve found.

my expirience show me it will not change that much, and i can belive it will suit other position better (cathode bypass maybe) or for dull system, but on well balanced its clearly show its nature. i do listening on nichicon kz, panaasonic fc, elna silmic, elna cerafine, kaisei, toshin on same device same position. its was most forceful of all.

That pretty default state of talks on forum. But its still about expirience. Did you have any? (with this parts) or you are kind of spectator looking for elses expirience rather than share yours. Its long story to talk about, and with great pleasure i will tell you.
First time i do try to use kaisei in the power supply and it was slight bright highmidrange highlighted.
Later it was big shot-out on coupling cap for headphome amp and it was nearly same but more influence on sound. There was very wide selection of capacitors to compare and I can balance from other side of that amp with film caps (near every cap from SU to modern PP, oil, teflon, mylar with any foil or metalization virtually every available, i have 20 of them or more and have expirience) so i could balane with film cap on another side, but it was never sound right when you listen carefully, but really best resolution and rhytm, i was not tried black gate there but so many. it was never boring but somewhat obsessive.
Last time i do recap for Sansui amp and i was try one there, and it was again this like. I do belive it could be very good in cathode bypass, i will check one day, maybe next week. My AN DAC already have BG N but, this is interesting comparsion, why not.
But my question is still same does anybody compare Kaisei to standart series AN caps? Ofcourse I will order several and try in every position some day this standart, but there so many ideas to try, so if someone tell me its (standart AN) nearly same tone, so i will be not try further. I am looking for more organic, forgiving but still with good resolution and tone. In this solid state amp Toshin capacitor was close but somewhat convex trebble was too much for my liking on that amp.

My experience tells Kaisei are great Caps, warmth detailed no harsh not colored, its the closer cap to BG, i can't stand silmics, especialy on signal path, dry unmusical, ice piking hights, anyway polarized or bi polar, i would put in this order:

over 5uf range !
Kaisei
Muse bi polar
KZ
cerafine, since starget are not anymore on market

coupled with pio small russian ..

cya

My experience tells Kaisei are great Caps, warmth detailed no harsh not colored, its the closer cap to BG, i can't stand silmics, especialy on signal path, dry unmusical, ice piking hights, anyway polarized or bi polar, i would put in this order:

over 5uf range !
Kaisei
Muse bi polar
KZ
cerafine, since starget are not anymore on market

coupled with pio small russian ..

cya
Ive never found a Silmic dry with peaking highs when run in ? If anything they can be a little dark or overly warm, blended with Cerafine they are great in my view. I will try more Kaisei though

Reactions: 1 user