Audio Note Kaisei capacitors

I use the K40 & K42 as well but the same value is about 10 times larger than a Vishay, if you are bypassing underneath a PC board sometimes you don't have room for those monsters. They are indeed very organic & I put them on both pair of Monitor Audio speakers I own. I used some of the Teflon Russian's but don't like them as much.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have dual bridge soft recovery Quaismodo snubbed EI core with ESL shield transformers with 600,000 uf Nichicon then 2 mh chokes then 8 Blackgate 10,000 uf / 63 V FK and 4 of Blackgate 2,200uf /100V N in dual mono SS 100 watt MosFet Class A power amp driving Martin Logan CLX electrostatics with upgraded crossovers. It’s very, very good and yes too, too expensive……. Or buy your wife a very nice purse

I have dual bridge soft recovery Quaismodo snubbed EI core with ESL shield transformers with 600,000 uf Nichicon then 2 mh chokes then 8 Blackgate 10,000 uf / 63 V FK and 4 of Blackgate 2,200uf /100V N in dual mono SS 100 watt MosFet Class A power amp driving Martin Logan CLX electrostatics with upgraded crossovers. It’s very, very good and yes too, too expensive……. Or buy your wife a very nice purse
Since when 10,000 uf is available from BG

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Last edited:
Not rich. Just trying to make sure it all gets used before I check out. Want it to be a sad day for EVERYBODY!😝
Seriously, though, I am just trying to figure out if it's really worth it to spend so much on PS caps. Is there a significant improvement on the less expensive spread?
Thanks for the Nichicon tip. I'm checking out the stats. There's so much stuff you're bound to miss something.

Reactions: 1 user
Many people spend many thousands on changing equipment, so £50 or £100 on a cap is 'small change' BUT I soon realised there are lots of caps, lots of cable, heat shrink, solder, tips, foil, adhesive and I soon realised it's not only the expensive items that add up :oops:

Still worth it but my immaterial 'dabbling' always seems to be £250+ every month, Farnell, RS, HiFi Collective, Digikey, Screwfix, etc, etc

The pain is the running in before final judgement, if its a valve amp, the cost of a bunch of expensive GEC's burning is a real thought !

Reactions: 1 user
Am seriously considering Kaisei 100 uF 500V NON-polar for position C3 in Konstantin Kuchinin’s 2A3 design in a set of monoblocks I’m building.
As I’m using another AN cap in the 220/500v position I suspect the two may complement each other. the compact size is a plus too as I used 8x12x2” chassis.

IMG_3661.jpeg

I am advised NOT to use a POLAR electrolytic in the C3 position although I’m not exactly sure why. Considering running the PS with one anyway just for testing purposes.

How critical a choice is this?

Thanks in advance.

1719625832905.png

Am seriously considering Kaisei 100 uF 500V NON-polar for position C3 in Konstantin Kuchinin’s 2A3 design in a set of monoblocks I’m building.
As I’m using another AN cap in the 220/500v position I suspect the two may complement each other. the compact size is a plus too as I used 8x12x2” chassis.

View attachment 1327724

I am advised NOT to use a POLAR electrolytic in the C3 position although I’m not exactly sure why. Considering running the PS with one anyway just for testing purposes.

How critical a choice is this?
The only reference I have for this is the HiFi Collective website:
''…the all-new Audio Note Kaisei Electrolytic capacitor range specially suited for valve power supply use.
Alternatively the NON-POLAR (bi-polar) offer improved sonic performance…''

This is all they say. Hopefully, someone around here can give us a technical explanation.