Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Arrow.com has 9000 pieces 2N5401 in stock. Their qty=10 price is USD 0.0759 per piece. Why not buy a lifetime supply of 300 pieces for USD 14.64? That is enough parts to build four copies of every single amplifier design in Bob Cordell's book.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/2...r&utm_content=inv_listing&utm_source=octopart

How did I find them? I used octopart.com , it's a free website that anybody can use.

Good for Central supporting the older parts, I have not used their 2n5551/5401 parts, but have a Central 2N5109 in the HP11715A FM test set. That was mfg in the early 2000's by Agilent. I trust this mfg. but ... testing is the answer.
For input stages I use ksa992 and ksc1845, current and Pd are very low
for vas & vas 1st buffer in a triple, you can use ksa1381 and ksc3503.
Go publisher go :), lets see if they can keep it under $100

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I'll bet that "2SC3503C" appears on an LTSPICE schematic somewhere, and that's why people think it's a part number.

But in fact it simply denotes that the transistor .MODEL parameter values came from Bob Cordell's website. Bob puts a "C" on the end of the part number, to remind users where the simulation parameter values came from. See image below.

_

Attachments

• bob_model.png
    bob_model.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 628
I'll bet that "2SC3503C" appears on an LTSPICE schematic somewhere, and that's why people think it's a part number.

But in fact it simply denotes that the transistor .MODEL parameter values came from Bob Cordell's website. Bob puts a "C" on the end of the part number, to remind users where the simulation parameter values came from. See image below.

_

Thanks for mentioning that, Mark. I apologize for any confusion that caused, but I actually did that to remind ME of what model it was :). Its also true, of course, that if those simulations are run with any old manufacturer's model that the results might not be the same.

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited: