Brainstorming Purifi 1et400a amps

BTW, Aleksandar sells:

EMI/RFI/Common Mode Filter – assembled and tested PCB – ATL Audio Ltd.

attachment.php

Look at the graphs (Schaffner and this).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 1,386
In my class AB amplifiers I have noticed the difference. I have a few installed at home. Schaffner FN 9244B.

FN9244

At least it does not degrade the sound, so the additional filtering to the one included in the Hypex SMPS1200 is not excessive.

Do you have "before" and "after" measurements of either? I know Bruno Putzeys has spoken against the filters, because they conduct mains noise to the chassis ground

Hello,
Saturday i bought a second hand Nord Three Purifi stereo amplifier
I have been listening for 2 days now and i must say, with my ears, it sounds different/better? than the TPA3255 by drMordor Differences are small
Better bass controle and more spacious sound
I like what i am hearing
But i also like the TPA3255
I could live with both of them
:D
Enjoy...

Hi amigos,

My new Purifi Buffer is now available. Designed and fully made in Italy, simple and works really fine. DIP8 updatable OP amps )
I will propose soon a group buy with a very abordable price + cables SET

- THD: 0,00026% @ Vin 2,5 V RMS
- GAIN: 14 dB
- BANDWIDTH: 2 Hz - 150 kHz
- SLEW RATE: 24 V/uS
- CMRR: > 100 dB @ 60 Hz
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 127 dB
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 47 Kohm
- NOISE AND HUM: 6 uV
- Size: 62mm x63mm
- AMP-OP: OPA1656 / 1692 (or other up to you)
- POWER SUPPLY: +-12V TO +-18V
- EQUIPPED WITH SMPS1200 MAIN AND AUX POWER SOCKET

VIDEO :

Purifi Amp Buffer V2

purifi.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

OT posts have been deleted.

@daniboun. Please read the rules regarding posting of material that is or will be commercial in nature into normal threads. A duplicate of your posting here (that was in another thread) has been deleted, however on the basis of this thread being relevant to your project the above single post can remain.

Hello,

Currently reaching the end of my build first channel and having a couple of questions...

- I see on Jaaptina's build he is soldering the 2 (or 3) output pins to his binding post. I just connected 1 so far. Any reason for (or not) connecting all ?
- Could you confirm the sense input should also be connected to the binding post (like the output) ?

Compact Purifi stereo amp

I recently finished building another Purifi amp - this time a stereo build using the Hypex SMPS3KA400 power supply and Neurochrome buffers. I wanted a compact amp that I could hide behind a table for my bedroom system.

I'm using a Galaxy 2U 230mm x 280mm case. To fit two channels in this case, I mounted one channel above the other, using a 10mm thick aluminum plate for the upper channel to provide some heatsinking. Because of the limited height in this configuration, I had to remove the power connectors from the Neurochrome boards and solder the power leads directly to the board.

Because this SMPS is not designed for half-bridge amplifiers (like the Purifi), I connected the second channel in reverse phase (swapping positive and negative inputs and outputs) to reduce the chance of large low-frequency reverse currents causing a problem. Most music has similar low frequency energy in both channels, so connecting the two channels out of phase will mean one channel will be pulling current while the other is feeding current back to the PS.

I chose the SMPS3KA400 mostly because the 1200w version was out of stock when I ordered it, but the 3K has the advantage of multiple power connectors.

purifi_topview_R800.jpg

purifi_rearview_800.jpg

purifi_800.jpg

closed account
Joined 2007
I recently finished building another Purifi amp - this time a stereo build using the Hypex SMPS3KA400 power supply and Neurochrome buffers. I wanted a compact amp that I could hide behind a table for my bedroom system.

I'm using a Galaxy 2U 230mm x 280mm case. To fit two channels in this case, I mounted one channel above the other, using a 10mm thick aluminum plate for the upper channel to provide some heatsinking. Because of the limited height in this configuration, I had to remove the power connectors from the Neurochrome boards and solder the power leads directly to the board.

Because this SMPS is not designed for half-bridge amplifiers (like the Purifi), I connected the second channel in reverse phase (swapping positive and negative inputs and outputs) to reduce the chance of large low-frequency reverse currents causing a problem. Most music has similar low frequency energy in both channels, so connecting the two channels out of phase will mean one channel will be pulling current while the other is feeding current back to the PS.

I chose the SMPS3KA400 mostly because the 1200w version was out of stock when I ordered it, but the 3K has the advantage of multiple power connectors.

Quite nice! I think you could have placed the Purifi modules vertically, on L shaped aluminium pieces. This would have provided even better aeration and possibly dissipation?

Quite nice! I think you could have placed the Purifi modules vertically, on L shaped aluminium pieces. This would have provided even better aeration and possibly dissipation?

Yes, I agree that vertically might work better from a cooling perspective. It would be a little tighter to the connectors, but probably still doable.

Doing it the way I did made it a bit easier to scope points on the board and get one channel tested at a time.

When I hooked up the first channel, I spent a while trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any music :confused: until I realized that I had inadvertently hit the input select button on my DAC (which I was using to source test signals). After measuring the voltages, amp ready signals, etc. I finally checked the input signals with a scope and eventually realized the problem. :D

Hi folks.

I recently installed my amp into a Ghent case. Very nice. :D

2 Qs.

I was wondering if you guys have been discussing what happens when
swapping L & N by coincidence on these Purfi amps? Does it impact the amp performance?

I am running a DAC right into the amp. The amp runs at 0dB/bypass and the
basic 12.8dB gain. That works quite nice.
The gain is still to high for that DAC. I am wondering about the best way to go down another 10dB in the analog domain.

Thx.