building boxes for speakers

what about this idea?
SPEAKER IDEA2.png

The volume of your sealed enclosure design is around 7 litres or 0.25 cu ft.

That should be satisfactory. Obviously you must tweak the dimensions of the box to match the dimensions of the driver - so maybe a touch deeper.

The mounting hole size is indicated on the driver diagram as 72.5 mm. The circle diameter for the screws to front mount the driver is indicated as 83 mm.

P.S. I presume you to be quoting internal dimensions.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem is how to attach it to the box, since it has a non-existent frame. Probably it's meant to be mounted from the back

Stop press! Looking at the driver photograph , I agree with pico that rear mounting of the driver would be necessary.

1703523769163.png

This means that the back panel of the box must be removeable so that you can mount the driver on the rear of the front speaker board or baffle.

It's not clear what the diameter of the opening should be, so I'll have a further look at that.

The alternative is to choose a driver that is capable of being front mounted on the baffle.

Here is a photo (courtesy of member hm) showing the driver rear mounted.

1703525374953.png

connect the driver from "the back" and only after glue the box
That's OK.

regarding the 7 liters volume of box. Why this particular volume?
Because that's the volume you chose to use in post #14 and it seems reasonable to me. I don't know what the optimum sealed volume is for this driver.

EDIT: Regarding the cut-out diameter for rear mounting see next post.

Attachments

• 1703525396659.png
    1703525396659.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
"...I don't know the optimum sealed volume for this driver." Gotcha"...sealed for a Qtc of 0.71 response, One liter of volume. Because the efficiency bandwidth product is steeply oriented towards that of a vented larger box, there is no bass performance at all...the "bottom-end" rolling away at minus 3.04 decibels at 179.77 hertz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...