Cal's Bybee experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
All resistors generate heat. Heat has to be DISSIPATED. 1/2W inside a closed plastic surface that is very small in area, is a lot of rise in temperature. IF you don't believe me, get a 1/2 W resistor, cover it in cellophane and run 1/2 W dissipation through it. Then touch it after 10 minutes. Then you will know what I know. '-)

jaysus JC, you do dribble.

Assuming that we are talking normal listening levels its highly unlikely that the device is carrying anywhere NEAR a continuous 4 amps.

Assuming (and I'll add that at least I state my assumptions) that an 8 ohm driver was being driven to 10 watts average continuous, a 0.025 ohm resistor in one leg will be dissipating a huge (irony intent) 0.027W. Or 4% of the 1/2 watt rating.

Oh the inhumanity...

SO yeah, if you want to run a test that pushes the rated limit, you will get a result that appeals to your sense of drama. If, however, you are in the real world, you find real world results.

I note Cal's observations concur with me, not you.

I do not know exactly what you mean here....

If you mean my latest 220v application I admitted it was a "jump to the conclusion test" since all my gear (tubes) had to warm up again from scratch...(see previous mail) :eek:

I can now only conclude that all the implementations so far (speakers, dac and transport) have been proven succesful for me and my system.

BTW I was a bit shocked at that stage because I myself have not experienced huge differences when ...."burning in"...so at first I was straight away convinced I had to remove it....:eek:

I strongly write down that all the improvements are MY OWN conclusions and I am certainly not very willing to advertise them after the latest price developments........:mad:

Cal, I appreciate you trying them, but nobody NEEDS them. They sometimes help a very high end system with certain problems, that is all. Of course, any time we can have another 'tool' to use, we try to use it, especially with 'hi end' applications, where every other approach is already used.

No, IF an extended frequency response system has a slight TIZZINESS in the highs due to typical input material, the Bybee devices seem to help. I ONLY use them in line with my TV input. Comcast relatively sucks and Bybees' help. SY, I would really appreciate it, if you did not try to answer for me.

The statement was curious to me as I don't correlate 'very high end' with 'problems'.

If what John is saying about tizziness carries weight then it seems natural to place these devices on the line in and sort out that tizziness before it gets amplified.

Either that or my systems simply do not exhibit said tizziness even though I like to run my tweeters a little hot to compensate for my aging ears.

the farce continues... we now need new language to explain the phenomenon.

Tizziness. A term is of high (nay, ultimate) descriptive accuracy no less.

Only in "high end systems" mind, and even subsets of that - those with "certain" problems.

You owe me a keyboard John - I just barfed my coffee all over the one I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.