Chinese/Taiwan 4” Dual Cone Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There was a picture there you didn't link... and it explains that my drawing is a sketch (estimate) of the internals of the small PMC enclosure (attached). None of these enclosures are likely suited to the driver. The BD-Pipe and the FE103 TQWT likely aren't... the latter being unlikely to be optimum for any driver.

dave

Attachments

• T2WS8pXeJXXXXXXXXX_!!55799068.jpg
    T2WS8pXeJXXXXXXXXX_!!55799068.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,535
I've just bought a set of these and am new to speaker building. I'd like to make a small bookshelf speaker. Has anyone got any recommendations of what the best design would be?
Would a sealed box design be better that a vented/reflex box?
If I used MDF to build the cabinets what thinkness would you recommend?

Hi,

I bought a pair of these from David Louis from Ebay at UK. I can't find the shop at Ebay anymore. Can anyone tell me where I can buy another pair?

I like these full range over the Fostex I have. At 4 ohm it gives me 88dB SPL and very good sound, however I have to put a narrow notch at around 8Khz.

I have another project with a pair mounted on the front connected in series and woofer mounted at the rear.

Any help.

Speakers on sale again

It seems someone is selling them again, maybe the same that sold them some times ago:
eBay Italia - Aste online e shopping a prezzo fisso

As usual no affiliation with the seller.

As I wrote they are really interesting, they don't have midrange as transparent as Fostex, but they are a lot more extended in lower and upper region.

Now I'm moving towards different drivers (saba Greencones and Altec 755 in OB), I'll tell you how they compare (I know it's like comparing orange and apple but let me post something :D :D ).

Ciao!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.