Contemporary Blues

Timmy, ya ever hear these fellers? They’re from the Atlanta area, Good ol swamp blues.

Figure while we’re talkin corn liquor :p Delta Moon - Clear Blue Flame - YouTube

Naw Bob, I haven't spent much time up north for a while now.

Here's The Brothers Brooks- I ran up on them in a tiny dive when I lived up in Macon. World class musicians, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The CD is about 40% of the passion you'd get from their live performance. You can hear their talent in the recording, but it's no comparison to them in right your face.

Tim and Gregg

Here's Tim in the studio with Chuck Leavell

And here's Gregg still belting it out while his health was obviously leaving him.

Sadly, neither of them are with us anymore.

Our place was just north of Asheville (near Hot Springs) our son actually lives in Black Mountain .....there’s no lack of music (diversity and quantity) in that area. Between the festivals and music venues/bars you can basically see good live music everyday if you were inclined to. We used to go out quite often when I still drank but quit about 12 yrs or so ago........it took several yrs before I could even remotely handle going to a club! Even now it’s still not the same level of enjoyment as it was ‘back in the day’ :D

Never heard of Jeff Sipe but he’s got a cool jazzy blues groove goin.

Been wanting to check out bradfordville blues club up in Tally but, you know.....Covid n’all :mad:

Edit.....this isn’t the footage but had these fellers play at my 40th b day party at our farm, had a covered bandstand on the back of the barn, and had our own festival every year!

Blues World Order live at Blue Note Grill - YouTube

Last edited:
Here is what wiki has to say about Ali Farka Touré:

"Ali Ibrahim "Ali Farka" Touré (31 October 1939 – 6 March 2006)[1][2] was a Malian singer and multi-instrumentalist, and one of the African continent's most internationally renowned musicians.[3] His music blends traditional Malian music and its derivative, North American blues.[4] Touré was ranked number 76 on Rolling Stone's list of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"[5] and number 37 on Spin magazine's "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".[6] "

Just something I found.

Always looking for music from anywhere that I enjoy. Recently I got into Peruvian Cumbia Amazonica, contemporary Russian folk rock and Latvian bagpipes.
So far the only music styles I generally cannot stand are metal and jazz. ;)

Music and food are the great uniting forces of humanity IME, they transcend separations thrown up by religion and language with ease.

Last edited: