• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Cosmos APU a notch+LNA $70 to outperform APx555b for $30,000

the Cosmos DAC is under development, I try to use ES9039Pro but have no stellar result yet for such money($55/chip). I want to try 9039Q2M instead.
The Scaler, as I see, not too many people waiting, too low demand to start the production.

If SCALER is completed then maybe you might be interested in sort of GB for people that will mount / solder pcbs themselves?
you provide pcbs and BOM rest is in our hands :)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
For a high performance DAC as a source. The TI specs are quite good. And since its a different technology some of the potential hidden errors in audio DAC's may get revealed by comparison. It can clock at sample rates of as high as 30 MHz, something that opens other interesting aspects to explore. For straightforward HD testing an active or passive LP filter would get you more that enough performance usually, however confined to specific frequencies. One issue with ADC's is that the relationship between the sample clock and the stimulous can hide bad bits. However analog oscillators are not stable enough to check close in issues and can drift enough in a high res measurement to hide harmonics across several bins reducing their amplitude. No easy answers.

the Cosmos DAC is under development, I try to use ES9039Pro but have no stellar result yet for such money($55/chip). I want to try 9039Q2M instead.
The Scaler, as I see, not too many people waiting, too low demand to start the production.
Um, if you actually have a real measurement system, ADC,DAC, and notch filter you will have more people interested in your products. I for one have told many collegues about your ADC and notch filter. Everyone comes back with what's the source? Just saying what I know on my side.

Mark

Some news from R&D ;)
2023-04-13_11-32-02.jpg

2023-04-13_11-32-38.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
This is just a proto, I have no plan to add the buffer for a few reasons(*) but I'll probably keep these footprints for DIYers.

* reason #1 is the voltage limiting and power consumption(to get the same 10Vrms I need +/-16Vdc rails), the reason #2 is a high-impedance input protection which is more complex than just 2 diode clamps. Reason #3 is the cost of semiconductors. #4 I'd like to give smart people some advantages - more smart people around me = better life quality.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, a slightly improved crosstalk <-150db@1kHz(breathing around -153db, thanks to 4 layers PCB) when all unused inputs are terminated-shorted. And 10kHz H3@-.5db now is <-120db, if the H3 minimized for 1kHz. Two USB-C sockets, one for data, another for power. The ISO barrier + constructive capacitance(PCBA in the housing) is 9pF. Data USB-C cable with fixture! (thanks StaticV3 for the suggestion).
2023-03-19_23-05-37.jpg

Last edited:
hi,

would it be possible to add "feature" to upcoming ADC? --> possibility to link two (or more) ADCs to sync them/ via MCLK (?
opt.A with external MCLK generator
apt.B connecting two boards with single wire for syncing (much easier from user perspective)

it would allow users option for using two or three measurement microphones and phase tracking (from DAC). i know REW can do acoustic timing, but this might expand funcionality a bit

Attachments

• linking.jpg
    linking.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 93