• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Cosmos APU a notch+LNA $70 to outperform APx555b for $30,000

what I see in my W10 is that folder:
2022-12-13_06-56-18.jpg

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I did press F8 at startup and choose the option to disable signed driver check.

Still, att end of ISP tool installation where it asks you to plug in the ADC, it just repeats "Plug in the ADC"....

Doing cancel still also ends with Succeded/Installed.

Trying the ISP toll and changing to 6012 -> no device is available...

:-/

With which tool do one see what FW is loaded in the Cosmos? I cant see any such filed in any of the two programs/tools.

In the Tweak tool, which works, what is ADC1-ADC4?

What is "ADC_INT_SEL"?

//

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK - not only needed I to install with signing deactivate - of course also when after restart, I need to run the computer again with sign check off.

Now I can see a green field and Device 6012 exists.

Update succeeded :)

But how can one see what FW is loaded?

//

It's Output volume - right? (Cause there is also an Input volume slider looking with Mac OS)

Changing the slider in the Tweak-tool, does it set this Mono/RIAA/Stereo permanently?

//
yes, Cosmos ADC memorizes the last received UAC2 volume command, however, Windows resend all sliders positions every time your device is connected to the USB port. So, you may see a different state of the slider.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, i have a question not directly related to Cosmos APU, but regarding Cosmos ADC.... what would be the best method to measure BTL/PBTL amps with COSMOS ADC?

I saw an advice to use capacitor bypass on each wire here on DIYaudio, and on other web sites
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...urements-with-rew.338511/page-15#post-5925805

i'd be grateful for any help :)
Hello, Cosmos ADC has AUX input 2.5mm TRRS which will clip at 35-43Vrms(depending on ADC gain setting 1.7-10Vrms). For most cases, it should be enough but if you gonna measure >462W@4ohm, then you need such an external divider you mentioned.
BTW, if you did buy the Cosmos load-board, you can use that as a more convenient extension than 2.5mm TRRS plug. Be careful and do not plug/unplug AUX input if the DUT-amp is turned On(to avoid shorting).

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question about using Cosmos APU with Asus Xonar U7 MKII. Were measurements taken? Cosmos APU for ADC Asus Xonar U7 MKII will be just as good?
Well, Cosmos APU Notch will improve your Asus harmonics resolution for 30db, in the case of Cosmos ADC, with typical H2<-140db and H3<-135db, has resolution <<-160db(if the particular APU also would have <<-160db, usually -150-160db). I have in my drawer such Asus but quite heavily modified with H2&H3 -125db, hence such ADC will not be a bottleneck for the APU with H2&H3 -150db, and you'll see exactly the same results as with Cosmos ADC. If your Asus has H2&H3 about -110db(I don't remember how bad is original ADC, just guessing), then you can't see distortions <-140db and so on. If you asking about the noise performance, there is no problem with any ADC, including the internal audio input of your laptop, all of them will show the same result of SNR or DR due to Cosmos APU LNA having a gain of up to +60db. I can't give you the exact link but you can find it in the ASR forum I posted the result of my laptop+APU combo, and it was better than my AP SYS2522 at least.
PS: I want to mention one more option, especially if you got Cosmos APU as an uncalibrated PCBA. You can try to adjust the notch ratio higher than -30db, probably -35-40db is ok but it depends on the particular APU unit.

Last edited:
If your Asus has H2&H3 about -110db(I don't remember how bad is original ADC, just guessing), then you can't see distortions <-140db and so on.

My ASUS Xonar U7 is also slightly upgraded (other op amps, keys removed), but the noise level prevails. Next will be replacing cs5361 with cs5381.
Does it make sense to buy Cosmos APU? I'm more interested in general SINAD.

Attachments

• post.png
    post.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited: