CSS FR125S ... production units playing now...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How do they sound in a nearfield setup witht he ports in the front; referring to RAW's picture. I will be using them in the recommended enclosure with the provided baffle as computer speakers and they will be about 6 inches from the wall. Would a front port be most beneficial for me here? Or would a rear port help them to go a bit lower? Thanks.

I have them playing in a room 12x12 with a high vaulted ceiling of 16ft.
But have also played them in a smaller room just as you asked about pushed up against the wall and had no issue with any noise from the front port.
This is why I did so.
The design was for wall mounting if needed as well as mini monitors that could only find a spot in a wall unit or close to the wall.

They also make a great surround as well.;)

Al

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
RockerII said:
How do they sound in a nearfield setup witht he ports in the front; referring to RAW's picture. I will be using them in the recommended enclosure with the provided baffle as computer speakers and they will be about 6 inches from the wall. Would a front port be most beneficial for me here? Or would a rear port help them to go a bit lower?

My guess, is that in your situation no port, or a rolled up piece of foam in the port will give you the most staisfactory performance.

dave

For those asking.
As of the news reported.This changes nothing till the labour issue is resolved.
As those who cross the line get the truck drove over the line damaged as well as any others they have.This was reported on the news by a company who drove across to get a container for their company.So who wants to cross the line.
Containers have been going out via rail but not local only long distance.And no there is not a single container with only CSS product sitting.There is other items in that contanter as well.So the CSS drivers can not be put on a train.
Believe me you all, if Bob could and can get them he would.
But not very many people want to cross a picket line and still smile at their fellow workers after the fact:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

As Bob noted I know he will call (today) as soon as they are open to see about getting the product.But my guess is still NO till the flags drop at from the pickets.

We are just stuck waiting.:bawling: :hot: :cannotbe:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes and nothing different.Same size just rear ported.
We have the CNC Baffles and magnetic grills in stock so makes assembley of the cabinet very quick.

The rear ported model is finished in Quilted Maple.
Photos some time next week.

AL
Thanks for the comments;)

32-38" from the floor depending were your listening level is.
If you are making your own make them to the height you need.

Sit in your listening position in the furniture you plan to use.
Measure to your ear height. ON THAT FURNITURE.

Make the stand to the height what ever it is so that the FR is at ear level.
Measure down from the center of the FR in the MINI O.
And make the stand height so that the FR is at ear level.

Remeber to subtact any base thickness or top plate thickness to make the proper height.

Did you follow this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Re: kill this portion of the thread now! Please Dave

Nanook said:
I'm guilty of hijacking the thread and I do aplogize. Dave please remove the political "chat" . I really didn't mean to it just happened. DD please remove all of it to another forum or delete it, let'd get back to audio.

Dave's Resting from his trip. :D

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It seems that you could use the internal volume of RAW's stands to make the size of the cabinet a lot smaller- if they were actually one piece internally. I remember reading that really tall cabinets have standing wave issues, but maybe one could put a divider halfway down and use the upper half to contribute to the volume, the lower for a gainclone!

Well guy's Bob (CSS)has been trying his best to get the FR125S drivers from the port and as of the last call I had with him the company who he uses as a freight forwarder .The trucking company they use will not cross the lines and Bob has asked for another trucking company but not all that easy.As well the back log of 7 weeks of containers sitting at the port has to get worked out and these FR125S drivers are stuck in the pile of containers some stacked 8 high.

We all hope that they get released sooner than later but Bob is looking into every way he can to get them out of the port.
Stay tuned.

:xeye:

It's such an unfortunate situation for us all. In particular, I'm getting a little anxious because I have to head back to school in three weeks and I need that front baffle to finish up the boxes. I'd also like to experiment with damping for a while before sealing them up and putting on the finish. So here's to hoping for their quick release.:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.