DIY biamp 6-24 crossover

Joined 2003
Paid Member
6-24 running with 4 channel amp. Low Pass woofers, high pass midrange in a 3way.
Total Addiction! Many Thanks!:)

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230116_113501.jpg
    thumbnail_20230116_113501.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: 2 users
Hello rewind,
as Joel Wesseling describes it in words - a simple possible schematic...
This is a mixed variant of active and passive crossover. You will find this in most AV-/ surroundsystems. Subwoofer / bass over active crossover,
the satellite-speakers use passive crossovers (if multi-way-speakers).
Cheers
Dirk

Attachments

• active_passive_crossover_amplification.jpg
    active_passive_crossover_amplification.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 187
Hello rewind,
as Joel Wesseling describes it in words - a simple possible schematic...
This is a mixed variant of active and passive crossover. You will find this in most AV-/ surroundsystems. Subwoofer / bass over active crossover,
the satellite-speakers use passive crossovers (if multi-way-speakers).
Cheers
Dirk
I was hoping for a good suggestion how to get one extra subwoofer channel that I never thought of. What is described is how I also plan to add a tweeter.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Mine is a 3way ported speaker with 2 bass woofer in parallel. The 2way active portion is Low pass to woofers(2-300hz) and high pass to the mid/tweeter portion where the mid receives passive low pass and tweeter receives passive high pass. Effectively a small 2way passive with a 6-24 for active between the woofers and the 2way passive.

I have a plan for passive 3way crossed actively to subs as shown in the diagram by cubicincher. For this system a lower box volume single woofer 3way that is ported. I ordered metal port seals(disks) that are powder coated for blocking the ports, then the passive 3way becomes a sealed cabinet with a more damped sealed alignment. Then its ready for sub integration with a 6-24xo.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Apex AX14 100W channel, class A/B. sound impression is extreme satisfaction. Dynamics and very open bass and midbass quality. Plan to try several other SS amps including Apex AA9MD

I think any good SS amp where amps that are direct connected to the woofers is heads above the passive version of same speaker.

I'm building up 2 more boards for a 4way where bass woofers ,midbass woofers and midrange is active, and again passive low pass the midrange and high pass the tweeter..

Apex AX14 100W channel, class A/B. sound impression is extreme satisfaction. Dynamics and very open bass and midbass quality. Plan to try several other SS amps including Apex AA9MD

I think any good SS amp where amps that are direct connected to the woofers is heads above the passive version of same speaker.

I'm building up 2 more boards for a 4way where bass woofers ,midbass woofers and midrange is active, and again passive low pass the midrange and high pass the tweeter..
I thought it was a bit unclear if the boards can just be connected together like this to create a 4-way. Looking forwrd to hear about your experience. I think most people in the the thread just made the 2-way crossover.

Helllo 6-24-AXO - builders,

all done before. You can 'daisy chain' two or more 6-24-AXOs. I use two: The first 6-24-AXO is adjusted at around 80 Hz (divides between subwoofer
and mainspeakers), the second 6-24- AXO is adjusted to circa 2500 Hz (divides the frequency range for my 2-way-speakers).
Cheers
Dirk

Attachments

• Waynes_Line_Stage_feeding_AXOs.jpg
    Waynes_Line_Stage_feeding_AXOs.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 6-24AXOs-first_listen.jpg
    6-24AXOs-first_listen.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: 3 users