DIY Schroeder Tonearm???

English is fine, the picture is worth 1,000,000 words. What a beautiful creation you have made. Very interested to hear your opinion of the sound.

hello,:) yet I have not yet tonearm cartridge for this I think I'll mount a Denon dl 103 that I'll change (I already have one that gives me complete satisfaction ..) For now the next step will be to carry out a "switch box" (the turntable has three tonearms) and it is very difficult to unplug the RCA ..... whenever I search, therefore this type of case "DIY"with a serious and switching minimum loss due to weak signals that pass ...:confused:

Thank you for your compliment! :eek: I hope he's okay "play" ... I joined more photos ....:)

Attachments

• DSCN0526.JPG
    DSCN0526.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,214
  • DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,204
  • DSCN0500.JPG
    DSCN0500.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 1,189
I am currently listening to my new arm. Learning how to set it up before I put a brand new Denon Dl-103 on it. So far so good.

I built it with surplus parts and material. I used my woodworking tools to make straight cuts on the aluminum pieces.

I put it on a cannibalized Technics SL-Q2 I got at the goodwill store for almost nothing.

It was a very rewarding project. Thanks to everybody that has contributed to this thread, it made the build so much easier.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Wow. Glad I found this thread. The Schroeder looks great. The idea of a single all compliant bearing is just brilliant. I had experimented many years ago with using Bendix Flex pivots on a modified ESL tonearm to eliminate stiction but didn't replace the BB races on the one axis. Schroeder's idea of using a single taut band suspension is just fabulous. Used in conjunction with my all compliant Decca London cartridge and the total system will have zero stiction. I am going to have to build or buy a Schroeder.

I was thinking of the best material for the taut wire compliant bearing suspending the Schroeder tone arm. It seems that 10um diameter fused quartz would be the best material. One property that makes fused quartz better than any other material for the taut wire bearing is extremely low loss of energy due to internal friction friction when stresses are applied. The loss amounts to 10^-3 of that in the best of the metals. Fused quartz wires have been used as a taut wire bearing in many scientific apparatus such as a mechanical electroscopes and electrometers . Chapter V by H.V.Neher on "The Use of Fused Silica" from Procedures in Experimental Physics by John Strong shows how to make one's own fused quartz fibers. http://www.amazon.com/Procedures-Experimental-Physics-John-Strong/dp/0917914562

Hello, I listened today for the first time my clone Schroeder, it works really well! as well, a lot of micro details, more outspoken attacks, enormous depth Scene! I now understand why it is copied a lot ...... MR SCHROEDER Hats off!:cheers:
(very small ... less sensitive, more so than my other tonearms to external vibrations, but it is perhaps my personal idea ...:confused:)
(Google traduction.....:confused:)

Attachments

• DSCN0586.JPG
    DSCN0586.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • DSCN0587.JPG
    DSCN0587.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSCN0585.JPG
    DSCN0585.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,043
beautiful! the wood is exquisite!!

Hello, I listened today for the first time my clone Schroeder, it works really well! as well, a lot of micro details, more outspoken attacks, enormous depth Scene! I now understand why it is copied a lot ...... MR SCHROEDER Hats off!:cheers:
(very small ... less sensitive, more so than my other tonearms to external vibrations, but it is perhaps my personal idea ...:confused:)
(Google traduction.....:confused:)