DIY Sony VFET pt 1

I have done some moderate cap rolling, mostly on the Dreadnought and Bulwark FE boards. I did make one substitution on the original FE board – a 220 uF Elna Silmic in place of the 1000 uF output coupling cap.
The 0.33 uF Wima is a good polypropylene part. It has 5mm lead spacing, which will make it difficult fit alternate components. I’m not inclined to roll this one.
The big 10,000 electrolytic on the OS is a good Rubycon. Best thing here is to keep this and bypass it with a Nichicon KW series 220 uF or 470 uF on the underside of the PCB.
We have a builders thread in place for more discussion.

I did the exact opposite and ordered some K73-15 0.33uF PETP caps.

Stay tuned, there will be more after a bit.

tuning-fm-radio-stations-on-receiver-dial-video-id625530048

One would think so.

In reality it is just my horns that are really picky who they hang with. They do not play nice with woofers, and they are not particularly fond of each other either. Very sensitive.

Attachments

• artworks-000127323954-psfxss-t500x500.jpg
    artworks-000127323954-psfxss-t500x500.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
Chassis 118 accounted for

FedEx delivered my baby this afternoon. #118
The box was well worn, but the parts are unscathed. Thanks for the great packaging ModShop!

I am surprised how small it is, very cute and light weight.

Looking forward to this build that won't break my back moving it around.

The parts arrived almost two weeks ago and I put them away so I could do this project all at once, savoring every step. Reminds me of building a Dynaco Stereo 70 many years ago. Everything is in the packages just add solder and go.

Thank you Nelson for your gifts!

Rush