• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

diyinhk Store

It sounds pretty good:

Attachments

• CRW_2360.jpg
    CRW_2360.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 1,085
  • CRW_2358.jpg
    CRW_2358.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 1,051
Last edited:
John, so you're saying it performs 8x or 10x oversample, then later it re-samples to 1.56 Mhz, what is the difference in oversampling and resampling in this case? It's only the first one performing Sinc interpolation while the rest of the 100 Mhz and 1.56 Mhz stuff is just adding silence into the higher frequencies right?

I was looking at post #39. Anyone else is free to answer as well.

Is this 100 Mhz shizazz simply for jitter-kill?

Last edited:
Why dont you use a bit-perfect volume attenuator in DAC?[/QUOTE]

I removed the analog volume control panel, and I use the built in digital (bit-perfect?) volume control. It sounds much better now. It's awesome.
I use a macbook with audirvana player, it works flawlessly with the Diyinhk USB.
I listened a lots of dsd dac in my system, like Mytek, M2tech Young dsd, Northstar, Audio gd. This is my favorite so far.
Great job Diyinhk!

Hello guys! This DAC looks very interesting, but I have found very little information on it. ES9018K2M specs are nice, but how good is this particular realization? Does anyone have some measurements? Has anyone compared it with proven ES9023 DACs such as ODAC or Curryman DAC?

Hi Guys,
its been awhile since I posted. I bought a es9018k2m kit and dropped in a digital supply. It fired right up and at first I thought is sounded decent... The more I listened the less I liked it. I called my old buddy Ed Martin from the old Marcof Electronics, took it to his house. He measured every stage and power output of the power supply as well as noise levels at the DAC output. Eventually he built built a filter network for each of the supply outputs from the digital ps and filtered in front of the DAC.
It seems that the early warnings about a cheap digital supply were correct, BUT I have to say, after Ed Finished working his magic, it is now outstanding. I've had some fairly decent DAC's in my system and this stands up quite well. My current DAC has been a Dual mono wolfson 8741 Dac that has separate digital and analog power supplies. I used a USB to SPDIF converter on it.... This little DIYINHK ES9018K2M stands up to it quite nicely, A little faster, Leaner in the bass, but drives bass deep and fast, no edgy sound anywhere and is very detailed. I have also had a Wadia 121 in my system and I'd take this over it anyday....

Hi all,

I am really interested in this DAC, in order to replace a weiliang ak4399. It will be my first DIY dac and I am trying to see what i will need in order to make it.

If possible, please can you confirm that I am ok with the following list from diyinhk:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last but not least, please can you advise me what transformer do I need, in order to get it from a local manufacturer?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: