• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dorati NOS DAC kits

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks for the input, I do have a Miro Dac, have built a couple now.... didn't I send you a PCB? Singapore?!.*edit just seen your last post above)! My latest has the EUVL discrete IV and I built a D1 IV too.

It is an enjoyable project but like you say Richard's DACs are very much 'up there'. I have a PhiDeca DAC fed from Ian's Fifo , powered by Salas Ubib. Sounds awesome. Replaced an Ian ESS DAC with it and all its awkward PSU requirements.

Looking forward to the Dorati

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Vunce - if the load is high impedance I might reduce the bias in the output stage so as to draw less power from the supply. This wouldn't make it sound any better its just a touch 'greener' to run it cooler. Increase R32 and R44 to 47ohm (from 30ohm). I might also use film caps in place of electrolytics (C11,C16) but those would have to be off-board.

Dorati on my bench tonight. First sorted out the psu. Now pumping out 14.4V and I am happy with that. Started soldering Step 1 components and overcame my biggest anxiety - getting those dac chips soldered to the board. Should be downhill from here, but I won't relax until the measurements are ok. Getting excited to finish this DAC, but the enclosure must also be made sometime.

So, it looks like 220uF Silmics might be a good option for outputs caps? I have also read good things about Nichicon Muse UES series non-polar caps, but can non-polars be used here?

Reactions: 1 users
My downhill is more rocky than I hoped. Please help - I have no idea what to do with R23. I see a couple of 0R resistors and assume they have some part to play here, but there are 3 solder pads. Do I have to choose between two pads, based on what? Sorry for the noob question.

Attachments

• Dorati R23.PNG
    Dorati R23.PNG
    778.1 KB · Views: 79