• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dorati NOS DAC kits

Hi abraxalito,
I've been following the development of your DACs on hackaday for a while, and am hoping to buy a Dorati kit. However, as I've created my account today, I am unable to message you with my information. I'd also like to buy a LM317-based board for it, as well as possibly as a card for USB->I2S, depending on their prices.

I have all of the tools required, as well as (I believe) the experience to solder it all together. Can you please PM me?
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Dorati definitely can accept higher than 44k1, definitely 96k and probably 192k too. The last stage output filter applies a small HF boost to correct the response at 44k1 so if you run higher, you'll get slightly raised HF. But if you choose the sample rate you want to run at and stick to it then the output filter can be adjusted back to flat for that rate.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s great if I order, of course I’m interested in how honest 44.100 will sound, but I’m also interested in how it will sound when upsampled using HQPlayer Embeded. Which also works as a very good digital filter. I understand that this will break the concept of the NOS buzz, but I still wonder how it will be...
I currently have Miro's DIY NOS on the AD1862 and listen to it from HQPE a lot.

Comrades, I still don’t have a Dorati in my hands, but I hope to be the owner soon. I talked to my well-qualified friend, who suggested that the TDA1387 are in parallel. And the output signal level slightly depends on the temperature of the chip - if the temperature is equalized, then there will be less instability at the output.

This is of course not exact, but suddenly it will really affect the sound positively. It is necessary to glue one single cooling radiator to all chips.