Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
quick question - could i also use 12v for the opamp section on this dac or would this be too low? will be using dual opa827.

Yes you can +/- 12V is fine, that's what I used. Opamps need to be single channel one for each channel (L, R) if that is what you meant by dual.

Most opamps perform slightly better at +/-15V but the difference to +/-12V is usually very small.

Yes you can +/- 12V is fine, that's what I used. Opamps need to be single channel one for each channel (L, R) if that is what you meant by dual.

Most opamps perform slightly better at +/-15V but the difference to +/-12V is usually very small.

thanks for the response. Will try it with 12V then :) Is there an easy way to calculate/figure out how much mA the opamps will use?
I will have 2 opamps per channel using this adapter.

thanks for the response. Will try it with 12V then :) Is there an easy way to calculate/figure out how much mA the opamps will use?
I will have 2 opamps per channel using this adapter.

The datasheet for the OPA827 shows 30mA (less at 12V) for output current and 4.8mA idle.

Are you using the dual 4495 board that is shown in the first page of the thread?

These only need a single channel opamp for each channel i.e. you can use one OPA827 per channel, do not use a dual opamp or make one with an adapter.

The datasheet for the OPA827 shows 30mA (less at 12V) for output current and 4.8mA idle.

Are you using the dual 4495 board that is shown in the first page of the thread?

These only need a single channel opamp for each channel i.e. you can use one OPA827 per channel, do not use a dual opamp or make one with an adapter.

thanks, as you can see I don't know much yet ;) I got the adapter and built the dual opamp version because another forum member suggested to do that. Are there any disadvantages when using this adapter/dual opamp?

I am using this version of the board.

thanks, as you can see I don't know much yet ;) I got the adapter and built the dual opamp version because another forum member suggested to do that. Are there any disadvantages when using this adapter/dual opamp?

I am using this version of the board.

Yes the circuit is designed for a single channel opamp. It is not a good idea to use a dual channel opamp with one channel left floating. You can wire it so it is in unity gain config and then it should behave but why bother, just use a single channel as it was designed for.

This is the circuit from the link, see how it is a single channel opamp, there wouldn't be three pins not connected if it was a dual

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 5.55.02 pm.png

There are a few single channel DIP8 opamps that will fit straight in, LME49710, OPA134, or NE5534 for a start use one of those.

Hi
I have just had delivery of the single chip board from Rose Electronics via Aliexpress.
It all looks good.
My board is a new version: 1.4.3. It is dated 2016.10.09 so it is hot off the press. It is largely the same, but with a few changes to coax and output connections. Also it looks like there is an opportunity to connect a pot. See the six little holes. I was keen to have a pot, purely for the sake of having a twisty knob for the wife and kids to use. If this is a pot connector, does anyone have any ideas what kind I could use.
Some pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.