ES9038Q2M Board

Hi,

ANyone use this board yet, it looks similar to SMPCB board it may be a little cheaper. ANy comments.
It's a YJ-ES9038 Q2M I2S DSD Fiber Coaxial Input Decoder DAC Audio Amplifier Board

do a search on Ebay it is there.

Attachments

• SMPCB_ES9038q2M.png
    SMPCB_ES9038q2M.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 289
I understand it is sadly not easy for newcomers to go through all the thread and pick up the right unit to tweak it. Nor is it probably for Mark to answer any single question around numerous boards on Ebay...

On top the offer may have change meanwhile (some links are gone) and perhaps some want also to enjoy real functionalities and not just a bare board.

Writing under Mark's control (please correct me if wrong, I will edit my post if needed!), well baring I don't even own such a board...

My understanding is the only offer that comes with remote + display, while being still acceptable (little deviation from the recommended board), seems to be:

ES9038 ES9038Q2M Mini DAC SPDIF I2S DSD Decoder DAC Headphone Out,LCD Display | eBay

There is though a blue board (from the same company?), a tad less expensive, that seems different from the other blue boards (that are not prefered), with perhaps different PS options ... not sure that one is acceptable but Mark can comment perhaps?

DSD DAC Decoder Board Support IIS DSD 384KHz Coaxial Optical Fiber DOP TFT sztop | eBay

Other than these all seem to be pale copies from the recommended one... or worst. Mainly blue boards etc.

I hope I got it wright... and the displays and boards connect sell as intended (?)

Happy New Year

Claude

ClaudeG; said:
I understand it is sadly not easy for newcomers to go through all the thread and pick up the right unit to tweak it. Nor is it probably for Mark to answer any single question around numerous boards on Ebay...

On top the offer may have change meanwhile (some links are gone) and perhaps some want also to enjoy real functionalities and not just a bare board.

Writing under Mark's control (please correct me if wrong, I will edit my post if needed!), well baring I don't even own such a board...

My understanding is the only offer that comes with remote + display, while being still acceptable (little deviation from the recommended board), seems to be:

ES9038 ES9038Q2M Mini DAC SPDIF I2S DSD Decoder DAC Headphone Out,LCD Display | eBay

I have attached a picture of what appears to be an updated version of that board. Am I correct? Is this an updated version? It is offered with and without the display.

Lusya ES9038 Q2M DAC DSD Decoder Support IIS DSD Coaxial Fiber Input 384KHz DOP With OLED D5 001|Digital-to-Analog Converter| - AliExpress

Attachments

• ES9028Q2M Is This An Updated Version.jpg
    ES9028Q2M Is This An Updated Version.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 326
Go unmodded!

Where can i find the basics on the PCB linked at the top, and the "ES9038q2m project". Some basics which a $35 PCB from china raise - is this in fact an ESS9038 pro based board? And what is the nature of this "project"? basically to develop an open source implementation? Sorry, but not nearly clear from the beginning nor the ******* match at the end...
It's more the RULE rather than exception that certain fanboy threads get super long and filter-bubbly. Not just here on DIYA, but most forums.

Just get the board I posted on a few days ago ... it's a bit more than $35 ... but Markw4 seems to like it ...
s-l1600.jpg

When it arrives, listen to it unmodded (burning it in concurrently) for at least a week. If after that time, & your juices are still flowing, then try a few simple mods like upgrading caps.

You may get bored of the board after a week ... so you can move to something else .. .say an AKM board. There are plenty of other "board threads" here on DIYA.

Claude,
The second board you linked to does appear to be made by the same company as the green one. The second board also appears to have a MCU with more pins, display, remote, etc., all included. Another feature is that there is an I2S selector chip allowing two I2S sources to be used without having replug connectors. The downside of the second one may be that the MCU generates more noise, and that the I2S selector chip may introduce more jitter coming into the dac chip. Those potential issues could be corrected, but maybe more modding work in terms of keeping different loads on different dedicated regulators. Up to the person doing the modding, whatever they would like to do.

UPDATED POST...

My understanding is the only offer that comes with remote + display, while being still only a little deviation from the recommended board, seems to be:

There is though a blue board from the same company, a tad less expensive, that seems different from the other blue boards (that are not prefered here!)

DSD DAC Decoder Board Support IIS DSD 384KHz Coaxial Optical Fiber DOP TFT sztop | eBay

To quote Mark on this second option:
The second board you linked to does appear to be made by the same company as the green one. The second board also appears to have a MCU with more pins, display, remote, etc., all included. Another feature is that there is an I2S selector chip allowing two I2S sources to be used without having replug connectors. The downside of the second one may be that the MCU generates more noise, and that the I2S selector chip may introduce more jitter coming into the dac chip. Those potential issues could be corrected, but maybe more modding work in terms of keeping different loads on different dedicated regulators.

Other than these all seem to be pale copies from the recommended one... or worst. Mainly blue boards etc.

Happy New Year

Claude