music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member

Attachments

• balun3.jpg
    balun3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 216
Anyone tried lu1014d in f1j?

I have not, but I'm interested in the answer. I have an F1J and I'm thinking about building another without the Semis.

I'm managing a GB for the LU1014D from Papa's stash. Papa has donated LU1014D and we've sorted them into matched pairs. Small PCBs for the LU1014D have been created along with the hardware to connect it to the amp PCB.

Parts are shipping this week from vendors and I should be able to distribute items to the group soon. There's still time to sign up. Cost should be low, just a couple of dollars for parts and various shipping to your region.

Thread-
Lovoltech LU1014D Power Jfet Group Buy

LU1014D sign up sheet

I received mine from aliexpress, smd. Had no issue to select four just by using Idss. Managed to attach them to heatsink with just a clamp. I will test them in F1J and report back. I do not participate in any GB.

No worries.

Sounds good. That's the LD1014D, correct? I ordered some from Aliexpress, too. Very inexpensive.

I'd like to hear how they perform. It would be nice to find a substitute for the hard to find and expensive SemiSouths.

If they do work well, please let us know how you integrated them into the F1J.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
it looks very promising right now
I was going up with power slowly, so no harm done
at 10 volts power supply, it started to play nice
at 12 volts, 4 volts at drain, sound was loud and clear
at 15 volts supply, 5-6 volts on drain, amazing sound,
but it was drawing 3.5 amps, per channel, so I slowed down
interestingly, when I backed up, and run it at 12 volts
it sounds already amazing, current is manageable, and does not heat up too much
jfets are actually not that hot, its the mosfets
I believe because of very low Rds when fully on, jfet has little resistance and heat is not too much of a problem