Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same goes for the local wireless broadband installers who's reports are undecipherable to the layman, but which state that they are reluctant to acquire appropriate antennas and would rather violate the landscape so they can use stock units to get the coverage they need.

Cheap and dirty is the rule in today's world...
When I moved into my house, whoever installed the sat dish on top of the house decided that the rain gutters made an excellent wireway, and that drilling holes in the side of the house with no drip loop or bushing was the way to get things done. After removing the wallpaper in one room on that side of the house, peeling paint revealed the expected result. While cutting off and removing the coax and sealing the holes, removal of the cable plates revealed no mold smell, which was a relief...

Just read a thread on the do's and don't of twisting wire when making speaker cables. Now i have another worry :/ I use bare wire ends at the speaker connection and twist them to thread through the binding posts and i have concerns that this stress on the wire is having a negative effect, and does twisting anti-clockwise bring noticeable differences ? and what if i twist the positive side clockwise and the negative anti-clockwise?
or vice-versa?.... :)

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Just read a thread on the do's and don't of twisting wire when making speaker cables. Now i have another worry :/ I use bare wire ends at the speaker connection and twist them to thread through the binding posts and i have concerns that this stress on the wire is having a negative effect, and does twisting anti-clockwise bring noticeable differences ? and what if i twist the positive side clockwise and the negative anti-clockwise?
or vice-versa?.... :)

Easy. Wind it so the electrons are aided by coriolis force, depending which hemisphere you are in....

Easy. Wind it so the electrons are aided by coriolis force, depending which hemisphere you are in....
I have a friend who says if i angle my cables directly along the ley lines, which she will locate,it will make an enormous difference and it's the last " upgrade " i'll ever need to make.
Strange thing is though that if they do actually exist shes probably right :) which opens up a whole new market in leyline detection tools :)

This can be easily determined. Which way does the water swirl when you pull the plug in the bathtub?

-- Jim

Well having just conducted a number of experiments it's inconclusive as the plumbing in my house is so poor the bath drains to slowly to create a vortex. However i did note that stirring my coffee anticlockwise created a disturbance that allowed the liquid to rise over the rim which was not apparent when stirring in a clockwise direction so based on that i'm twisting all wires in a clockwise pattern . :)

RCA Connector Covers

RCA Connector Covers

Akiko Audio introduce their RCA Tuning Plugs. "To prevent invasion of electro smog and dust, many music lovers use well-known RCA caps. Akiko Audio now make the passive cap a part of active tuning. Every RCA tuning cap comes with a mineral-filled cell that reduces HF noise, making details more audible. Every RCA cap undergoes lengthy cryogenic treatment and comes with a 10mm Akiko audio chip. A Teflon inlay provides extra absorption. The new tuning caps come in gold or rhodium. These metals have a subtle influence on the rendering: gold sounds warmer, rhodium slightly more neutral."

6moons: newsroom

Had a close look at the picture, it looks just an etched pattern on the top of a PCB...

Their paper on the subject...
file:///C:/Users/Marc/Documents/Audio/QA-on-Skin-filtering-and-the-Idea-of-Power-Cord-Performance.pdf

Nice to know industrial design doesn't have to do stuff real time...

New powercell 12uef from synergistic research
NEW PowerCell 12 UEF | Synergistic Research

The PowerCell 12 UEF directly applies UEF technology to both the PowerCell’s ground plane and as a separate filter inside the PowerCell’s internal Electromagnetic Cell while an Ultra Low Frequency Field -or- ULF Generator re-clocks the (6) EM Cells with a rich low frequency harmonic making 60-cycle noise a thing of the past. Combined UEF Filter technology, and ULF Field Generation make this our most effective and musical PowerCell to date.

This has to be good.
Unique features to the PowerCell 12 UEF over all previous PowerCell models

Internal power supply for biasing EM Cells – no more MPC’s plus higher performance over Galileo MPC’s
Internal ULF Generator to bias AC to the Earth’s Schumann Resonance for a dramatic drop in a system’s noise floor
10 awg. Mil Spec Silver Clad Wire (standard on top tier models only)
2 each SR Power Transformers
8 each SR Quantum Capacitors in EM Cell power supply and ULF field generator
Metal chassis is more durable and in keeping with the same look as other components in a system
New Quantum BLACK Duplex and Shuko outlets dramatically outperform TeslaPlex SE outlets
12 outlets are better than 10
New 6 EM Cell topology acts like a ‘Super Capacitor’ to increase peak current on demand allowing components to draw more current than when connected directly to the wall for added dynamic headroom
Top tier models come standard with a special 10-gauge Atmosphere Level 3 Active power cord that does not require a separate MPC, just plug and play like standard non-active power cords- no extra wires!
PowerCell 12 UEF specs:

Construction: Aluminum/Carbon Steel Dimensions:
Height 5.5″ x Width 17.5″ x Depth 13.5″
Weight: 19 lbs.
Internal Active UEF EM Horizontal Plane Cell area: 640 square centimeters
5 x Internal Active UEF EM Folded Carbon Fiber Cell area: 2343.15 square centimeters total
Connector Input: 1 each Neutrik 32 amp PowerCon
2 Isolated Output Banks; can be used to isolate analog from digital components
Connector Output US: 12 each SR Black Outlets (Two stage Quantum Treatment)
Connector Output Euro: 12 each SR Black Schuko outlets (Two stage Quantum Treatment)
2nd Generation FEQ transmitter/antenna array to bias AC to the Earth’s Schumann Resonance
Pure Silver Ground Strap 62 square centimeters of 99.995% pure silver
Power Cable: Atmosphere Level 3 optimized for PowerCell 12 UEF (standard on top tier models only)
10 awg. Mil Spec Silver Clad Wire (standard on top tier models only)
2 each SR Power Transformers 8 each SR Quantum Capacitors

If there is a more dishonest company than Synergistic Research, I haven't found it yet. I tested one of their useless gadgets, collected data showing it was useless, and had my work censored off another forum when their head scammer pressured the website owner. Dishonesty on top of dishonesty.

Admittedly, scam companies in the audio world are the norm, but these guys, in my mind, really stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.