• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Did i need heatsink in 5v 250mA output in 1.1bib? If yes please show me an picture how big for example, i need to know wgat heatsink buy. The same question is for 15v 20mA output, did i need heatsink? Im thinking to use a bottom of my dacs enclosure *** heatsink.

You need to know the max mA consumption of your load hence the excess difference to the CCS current setting you choose. Multiply that dif by the output voltage so to know how many Watts you burn for idle. From there you estimate sinking. Download and study the instructions from post 1. The chassis maybe is adequate for sinking since the voltage multiplier is not high in your case.

For symetricality 15v out i have 2x 17.5v ac transformer, so it is only 2.5v acros the salas, 2.5*0.020(consumtion)=0.05 wat only. Mayby i dont need to put trans to chassis. For 5vdc output i have 8v ac transformers, so 3v acros salas will be 3*0.250mA(consuption)=0.75wats. For now i have first version of salas and the litle heatsinks are only warm, mayby 35-40 C

Joined 2006
Paid Member
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!

OKAY IMPORTANT MESSAGE

It appears likely that I shipped out ~78 2SK117GR's that are of sub-par performance.

Salas and I have tested them and they don't measure exact, but work.
On the scale of the GB, this is a small amount.

All the sub-par units are marked with 2SK117 GR OK.

This will be an eye sight test.

Please inspect your 2SK117GR's for the digits on the flat part of the top.

If you have these units, private message me, and I will replace them as soon as possible.

These are likely only in your BIB mini kits, and if you bought something else, it is not likely but possible. Let me know.

I apologize for this problem, and will take care of it.

Tea Bag,
your goodies arrived safely to the West Coast. Boards are really beautiful and well made. Thank you for letting me in at the last moment of this group buy. I did a quick shot with my iPhone, so photography does not do the justice but they are solid.

Thank you and Salas for such a great product
AR2

Attachments

• Salas Boards.jpg
    Salas Boards.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 304
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea-bag,
I know that is very late but I hope you have 2 spare kits still in the hands :)

Regards,
Enrico

+1 here also :xfingers:

Hi -
All the mini kits are on hold while I replenish the 2SK117GR stash. Weeding out the OK revision ones and forwarding on one's that are not to people who need to replace theirs.
There are a few boards left, but kits will be a couple of weeks.