Goldmund Mods, Improvements, Stability

IF you THINK I stole, plagiarized, borrowed, absconded or otherwise used some of your schematics, ideas thoughts or patented inventions, to put up that schematic diagram.....

You are absolutely correct... THANKS.... I had no choice, anything else on this forum in the same vain was copied from some western Asian company and falling off the cliff.

IF you THINK I stole, plagiarized, borrowed, absconded or otherwise used some of your schematics, ideas thoughts or patented inventions, to put up that schematic diagram.....

You are absolutely correct... THANKS.... I had no choice, anything else on this forum in the same vain was copied from some western Asian company and falling off the cliff.

I'm HONORED... I am the one who said it may be a "goldmund killer" ... I stole it off of Nico/ampslab anyways. It just works and it works well. Nothing wrong with asian designs .. I am truly impressed with pioneer and luxman's contributions. :)
OS

Sorry, I sound like a stuck record, but I would like to again impress upon you that to get a better swing from the output, then the pre-output stage should run at 10 - 15V higher. If we choose 80V for the output stage and 90V for the driver stage, then I would choose the ZTX that jacco suggests, I trust when he says sexy he means it, and also add one pair of MOSFETs, and the amp will actually live up to specification.

Else we drop the output to 65V and run the input section on 80V, then I would settle for a1837/c4793, but I would still like to run four pairs of output devices. Furthermore I concur with Kean that we use source resistors. I have used 1058/162 in all of my designs (both in commercial and personal applications) and I can assure you that the spread is much higher than you suspect.

That is my two pennies worth.

Last edited:
Hmm, it is going to require board space for heatsinking, maybe stick to the old faithfulls so we can attach a To220 heat sink or mount them on the main heatsink. They will need to dissipate at least 3 - 4 watts if you want to run them at 80V and 50 mA and that is about their maximum.

Thanks for pointing this out Thanh

Hi Krisf, I am still not convinced 16deg/watt @3 watt will be about 73 degree centigrade at an ambient of 25 degree centigrade. In summer here can get 40 degrees. I am still not comfortable. Show me something better - although great for getting rid of heat I hate fans. Easpecially when they stop.

Nico,

Sorry I missed your post of dispensing with the divers. I think we should delete them and use a suitable TO-126 in the VAS. I think you have been spot on regarding the implementation of the circuit. The key is to make as simple as possible to achieve the design goal.

Regards,

Jam

Now you are talking, but one also tries to please the masses. You are right a driver is not necessary and the MJE340/350 has performed amicably in the past.

Probably not a great transistor but well behaved and up to the task. If you go that way then yes I like it.

Keep in mind ELD is a working amp not just a simulation and most of its quarks have been addressed. I do not like to push into only my own direction and then find myself alone doing my own thing. If something better comes about, I am as interested as the next guy.