I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
They look like Osram HTI300 lamps to me. Very nice colour rendition, and if you don't keep trying to restart them when hot, and run them for at least half an hour each time you turn them on, then you should get around 800hrs of useful life.

Make sure the pinch seal on the capsule faces down, or they could explode. You will need UV filtering!

pic

pic

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7,245
The lamp / ballast set was bought from a factory near me, but they
don't do export. the ballast is 220V only. To make it accept 110V
input, the ballast needs to be modified. The manufacturer requires at
least ten sets to be ordered in order to make such change.

18wheeler is going to setup a group buy. You can contact him.

18wheeler ! the screen is 100',

I am tied up with the work right now. More pictures and comparison
will be posted once I have spare time ( in a few weeks).

So far, picture with this lamp is brighter than 250W HQI. in the
picture posted above, the sky is almost too bright to stare at. My
eyes hurt when looking at the bright area. I also feel the picture is
sharper and contrast is increased. Comparing to this lamp, HQI seems
to have a 'softener' lens on.

I tested emitted heat by putting my hand in front of the light. It
feels cooler than HQI. Heat glass is no longer a must-have. Also lower
speed fans can be used, so noise can be decreased too.

prime said:
ywh,

Will this lamp work with a 250W electronic ballast or will it only work with the supplied ballast?

I'm asking because I may buy several lamps but if the ballast was to die then I could use a locally available eballast.

it might, but I doubt a normal ballast can power it. the tructure of the lamp is very much like a small version HMI 575W. HMI uses very different ballast as far as I know.

ywh said:
I also feel the picture is sharper and contrast is increased. Comparing to this lamp, HQI seems to have a 'softener' lens on.

It is expected because there is less defused light, which would blur the image.

Osram seem to have 2 different 300W HTI lamps, one with 750 hour life the other with 3000 hour life. so I hope ywh's lamp is like the 3000 hour type. Here are the catalogue links:
http://catalog.myosram.com/srvc/z_catalog/!?~language=EN&~country=ZW&it_p=4050300370651
http://catalog.myosram.com/srvc/z_catalog/!?~language=EN&~country=ZW&it_p=4050300651248

bodgy: I was thinking that there may be other aussies interested so we could ask ywh to send ours direct to Australia.

I'm currently using a 150W (osram HQI-T/Sylvania HSI-T) lamp with 8mm(?) arc in my OHP retrofit with SGI 1600ww (only using part of lcd), I was previously using 150W lamp with 17mm arc and there is a definite improvement with the shorter arc so a 3.5 arc will be even better. links for my current lamp:
http://catalog.myosram.com/srvc/z_catalog/!?~language=EN&~country=ZW&it_p=4050300872902
http://www.sla.net.au/product.php?p=351

ywh said:
The lamp / ballast set was bought from a factory near me, but they
don't do export. the ballast is 220V only. To make it accept 110V
input, the ballast needs to be modified. The manufacturer requires at
least ten sets to be ordered in order to make such change.

ywh - the 220 ballast is good for me , In Israel we use 220v.

BTW can you see my mails?

Thanks
Shlomi

bodgy said:
whats the story with bulb life?

> 2500hr (replacing, not failure time) or 800hrs if treated well like pinkmouse says?

oh yeh and if you're gonna order one of these prime, maybe we could do a group order... any other aussies are keen?

The lamp is not a HTI300. The manufacturer has rated lamp as 2500 hr. Hope ywh will get more specification from the manufacturer. then we will know what it resembles.

What if

How much volts in this 250W lamp?

I have DC 150W 60V ballast from hitachi projector
What would happen if I use this lamp in it
the original lamp has arc of 2-3mm

Will it start?
What about the color temp?
How economical mode operating in compeny projector?

I know that the picture will loss brightness
shlomid

:smash:

Re: What if

shlomid said:
How much volts in this 250W lamp?

I have DC 150W 60V ballast from hitachi projector
What would happen if I use this lamp in it
the original lamp has arc of 2-3mm

:smash:

I won't mix 250w lamp with a 150W ballast. Most likely it won't light. And there is danger that the ballast might be damaged. but it would be fun to try out 150W lamps that ywh has.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.