Ian Canada DDC Roon End Point

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 user
What are your thoughts about the JCAT USB card? Is there any noticeable improvement in audio quality compared to Mobo USB? I always wanted to have one of these expensive cards that seemed to be the holy grail, but nowadays, I'm not sure if it really adds SQ value.

IMG_1161.jpeg

The two Hammond transformers arrived today + the Hammond case for the Ultracapacitors

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Thanks Fred Sonnen. Not sure why, BUT my network streaming does not sound as good as my CD transport feeding same same DAC
Only point of difference I can see is that the CD transport is connected to the DAC via i2S HDMI and the network streaming computer is connected via USB.
If you are using roon then try the steps in this thread from Head-fi

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/roon-optimization-guide-for-increased-sound-quality.968792/

Setup Ropieee on the endpoint Then run Squeezee lite on your endpoint and set roon to find squeezebox devices.

The next two steps would be to use UPNP and then LMS but that is for later if you find the need.

Quick questions for those that use Ian Canada gear today.

1. Can anyone advise which DC power wires go to which green power terminal as shown below and if any need to be piggy banked.

2. Assuming I should use a metal case for grounding the AC mains voltage housing for the Toroid transformers and not a plastic enclosure.

1719454251469.png

Joined 2021
Paid Member
From reading the manuals. The station pi can share a single 5V supply by setting the jumpers properly. I see that you have the FifoPi wired up for the 3.3 volt input.

So you could set the 5v jumper properly for your use And run one 5v line to J3 on the station pi.

Just re-read the manual.