Incredible quality amplifier by Graham, prepare your ears for it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GEM Compact Amplifier PCB

Next is the overall PCB with solder screen and deletion layers present.

Attachments

• gem compact 1_5 overview.gif
    gem compact 1_5 overview.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 802
GEM Compact Amplifier PCB

Next is the Bill of Materials (BOM)

I have included the X & Y co-ordinates in case you are trying to find a component or two. Where an X/Y cord is not shown it means that the component is not on the PCB (i.e. it is on the heatsink).

Apart from acting as a check list for the components you will need it also shows the pitch of the components required for this PCB. I know that the pitches will not suit everyone............:cannotbe:

If you require the BOM in Excel format, please let me know.

Attachments

• gem compact 1_5 bill of materials.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 262
Barry, you turn more easy the construction of this amplifier to our forum friends

And this will make many produce this amplifier, as hard tested and with all needed material and info already published.

I thank you very much Barry.

Blue is my prefered color...and barry blue sounds good, as a trademark...sound very good...numberone, barryblue and others good sound we use to hear.

Well, i was waiting for that final board post.... i will not push the thread alive, into the main page, anymore, as i really think we did the better we could...now the informs will be to the ones that will use it.

regards,

Carlos

CHRIS MA, yes, i remember you very well, wonderfull MDF constructor, pretty cases

Very pretty construction, wonderfull mechanical work you made....of course i remember you...impossible to forget someone like you!

Unfortunatelly not Chris!...no one did that with commercial purposes, the circuit is not registrated, so, it is opened to Mankind, as a Graham contribution to our ears.

Board are posted as a special cooperation by BarryBlue and all work was done with passion with the interest to share the good quality amplifier with forum friends.

I am sorry, someone like you arrested inside an office....oh God!....life is not fair!.... my best wishes that you are using all your wonderfull creativity in this job...if not, all those habilities lost will represent enormous tragedy for our diy group.

The amplifier is very close in quality to JLH designs, having more bass punch, more dinamics and more power...i think it distorts less than JLH (type DOZ - the 1969 model).... the JLH big brother.... will be something good to you Chris, and i will be very honored if you put your hands at work..... will be so pretty that a lot of guys will run to construct, so excited they will be watching your pretty work!.

And this is all we want...more guys sharing this amplifier... we want to listen fair criticisms and true evaluations... this is the final portion of pleasure to the ones that created something.

Graham did it...i made the noise in our forum....many guys cooperated.

regards,

Carlos

I’m to busy with my non audio stuff in my life at the moment, and I’m unable to commit myself more on this great amp.
I like to have more time to design pcb for this amp and to try it out. A lot of posts, explenations from Graham, Carlos and many more, but I realy feel that we are low on practical stuff. If more people made this amp, other will have more courage to do the same and this thread will result with something special !
All the best to Graham, Carlos and others who have patience to make this thred alive enough time, for us to finaly take some action!
:smash:

Yes Chicco, you get it!... we made our best, now it is time to wait a friend

to produce a sample and publish...this way many guys will be encouraged to make their own units.

And we will more happy with that.

The analogy is if you are very wealthy, very rich... a milionaire..having everything good....and no none on earth to share with you... hearing good sound lonely, sitting confortable sofa lonely, swiming wonderfull pool lonely.... this way no good... sharing is better.

regards,

Carlos

Hi, Barry

Thanks for your great effort for producing artwork of pcb.

I have difficulties to reproduce the artwork. Can you increase the resolution to 200 pixel per inch, or even better 600 pixels/inch.

I usually print an artwork on photopaper and hot iron it on raw pcb. The Canon GP-401 photopaper is good.

Thanks in advance.

kb

Attachments

• gem compact 1_5 layout.gif
    gem compact 1_5 layout.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 594
Barry, having trouble to do the way our friend is asking us, send me with the best

resolution you can and i will crop to appear only the red image, will produce the resolution or..... beeing hard, will do a more simple work...will print it and them will scan with the 600 dpi our friend asked..... as will be too big in data size, i will search the man direct adress to direct upload to him.... our forum do not accept bigger data, or, i could not discover how to input bigger data.... i could see that some guys already done it several times..but i am not so clever....hehe...for a while.

Barry, i do not know if your system, your CAD, or even your PC can copy your final images to Bitmap or JPEG.... if not, make it bigger, having full screen, and then send us informing the real side dimensions...please...in milimeters, or i will be crazy with fractions of inches..... I can resise it here, and convert to any image format... so, i will try to produce hi resolution and the correct size, to be printed in Hong Kong...but i will need the best quality and big data to do that.

Send me, having troubles to do this job to our friend, if needed, here i am, i can try to do some.....Mosquiteers, remember our joke!...both three...ahahaha.

regards,

Carlos

I can imagine the hard work you are doing.

Those image programs are very hard to operate.... this way i have focused in only one...i acept it as good and 10 years using ACDSee....not perfect..but now it is easy to me to use.

You may be under hard troubles barry.

If i could help you...or if i can do some...send that problem to me, i think i can face it.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.